Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
do the multigauges actually work?....or are they just for show.....i heard from someone on here that they are just to look cool.....as they move when yuou accelerate........do they work?.....because ive got room for them now..

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
yea they WORK???
but they are for show, like most gauges out thier.

excluding boost and oil pressure.

·
Registered
514 Posts
The stock ones that came with my car were MPG, Volt, and Torque (weird...). But yea they work.

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
PANAXRX said:
The stock ones that came with my car were MPG, Volt, and Torque (weird...). But yea they work.

SORRY.......i meant....are they accurate....i know they move and stuff....but are the numbers on there accurate?......

·
Registered
639 Posts
it seems accurate i mean only one that actually move a lot is MPG but that seems to be accurate. i dont no about other two though

·
Registered
514 Posts
Yes the volt works, expecially with a system you can tell it works. The MPG guage works but since it is a analog guage and not a digital guage it doesnt give me the average mpg like most cars...its a guage so when you go it goes down...when you stop it goes up...its somewhat accurate (the trip meter works for me) and the torque guage seems accurate with the specs given for a stock tib. So the answer...yes they seem pretty accurate.

·
Registered
735 Posts
PANAXRX said:
Yes the volt works, expecially with a system you can tell it works. The MPG guage works but since it is a analog guage and not a digital guage it doesnt give me the average mpg like most cars...its a guage so when you go it goes down...when you stop it goes up...its somewhat accurate (the trip meter works for me) and the torque guage seems accurate with the specs given for a stock tib. So the answer...yes they seem pretty accurate.
I would assume then that a non-stock tib would throw the torque guage and quite possibly the MPG guage out because it is most probably run off the readings of the tach. Modifying the Tib with an SC or Turbo, or even a new intake, header or exhaust, would be enough the throw the readings out. -Is there anyone that could confirm this?

They may collect readings from the o2 sensors, but even then would be thrown out with any mods done to the car, I would think. Especially if you have o2 sims or an after market exhaust setup.

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
are the gauges removable?.....also if i get some mods......they wont be accurate correct?

·
Registered
393 Posts
the torque one seems to work like a vaccum gauge, when you shift it drops then back up again, at least thats what it reminds me of, the volt definatley works and is for the most part accurace, the mpg i cant really tell though cause i never pay attention to gas mileage

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
nerd wagon said:
the torque one seems to work like a vaccum gauge, when you shift it drops then back up again, at least thats what it reminds me of, the volt definatley works and is for the most part accurace, the mpg i cant really tell though cause i never pay attention to gas mileage
so if i get mods these will no longer be accurate?

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
nerd wagon said:
so if i get more mods it wont be accurate?......right now i have intake and exhaust.........im thinking of getting some because i have an empty spot in the dash.....but i dont wanna get them if they arent accurate..?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts