Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello NewTiburon gang. I'm a Mod from rdtiburon with a simple question. I'm having my Tiburon completely resprayed in one week but I want the reddest of reds that the newest Hyundai Tiburon uses. My current paint is XM, it's Cardinal Red, so it's kind of tomato orange. I've looked at Viper red, and the reason I didn't like that was it was too light and pink. It is also common on dodge and chrysler trucks. I figured it would be safest to stick with Hyundai.

I would like to know what paint code the reddest Tiburon is, preferably with a pearl or metallic finish. Want her to be like a cherry. She needs a new gloss coat and painted carbon fiber hood. I looked all over online but I trust you guys more than a dated website.

That's my Tiburon in Cardinal Red. It becomes a little orange without the sun...

·
Banned
2,605 Posts
thats a great looking car, i dont see anything wrong with that color.. i even like the wing and im not a big fan of wings like that.

as for the paint codes.. here this may help....

Red Pearl Clearcoat AH
Rally Red Clearcoat VX

·
Retired Staff | Track Rat
5,714 Posts
They are all listed in the FAQ section.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah at first i wasn't a big fan of the shark spoiler either. i loved my stock one... but the shark spoiler had better aerodynamics and it fits the car very well as it is made by hyundai.

hey thanks for your responses! are they i must have missed that, i did catch the official 2007 Tiburon codes listed in this appearance section by a loyal member. Do you guys know when the car will be available for purchase the U.S. so I can steal its paint? The member states the code is JA but on the official sheet the only red is cranberry red.

I will hold off until the 2007 comes out hopefully soon, if not I'll use the AH.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hey thanks! this may answer your question although it's hard to tell because it was a rainy day:

I have to say they are exactly what i wanted the car to feel like.

in the rainy pictures you can see it's a bit more orange! any suggestions on painting over carbon fiber? done it before? i hear it's difficult to match to the right color.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts