·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
3,879 Posts
Hey all-

I'm looking at Shark Racing's Mounts for $200 since in about a week I should have my SC. I ebay'd and came up with this

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Prothane-Motor-Mount-Inserts-Hyundai-Tiburon-2003_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33583QQihZ019QQitemZ7977870336QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWD1V

Now, being a goos $150 less, do you think I should get the inserts or the whole mounts from Shark?

Thanks!
You want the whole mount or atleast the 1 piece poly inserts. Those in that auction are garbage. I would suggest staying away from Sharkracing. It's highly unlikely that you would get them anytime soon.

I purchased mine from Kspec, but I've heard that they've gotten a little slow with deliveries too.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You want the whole mount or atleast the 1 piece poly inserts. Those in that auction are garbage. I would suggest staying away from Sharkracing. It's highly unlikely that you would get them anytime soon.

I purchased mine from Kspec, but I've heard that they've gotten a little slow with deliveries too.
Hm, I wonder what the deal is with all the vendors.. I'm reading about SFR stealing money, and now Shark.. hm. My very first order was from Kspec.. a strut bar for my 05 Accent GT. I will have to look into them again. Thanks!

·
Registered
3,879 Posts
Hm, I wonder what the deal is with all the vendors.. I'm reading about SFR stealing money, and now Shark.. hm. My very first order was from Kspec.. a strut bar for my 05 Accent GT. I will have to look into them again. Thanks!
Yea,
I ordered my mounts from Kspec at the end of Nov, and I received them the second week of Dec.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yea,
I ordered my mounts from Kspec at the end of Nov, and I received them the second week of Dec.
Hm, so a full 2 weeks.. thats not too bad from Korea.. How hard were they to install? DIY or should I bring to a garage?

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
OK- purchased from Kspec. Hopefully they come quickly. Do you think I can install the SC on stock bushings and then switch them once new ones arrive?

TY.

·
Registered
3,879 Posts
Well,
You can install it with the stock mounts, but you're going to end up hitting the S/C on the firewall if you launch hard. Heck it may just hit during normal driving with the stock mounts.

The mounts you can install yourself. I've looked under the car where they are, and the install should be a breeze. You can see the front mount from the top if you know where to look.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts