Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone... I need someone to help me out with my car. I bought it a short time ago and the previous owner was such a dick because the car doesnt have maintainance history at all and he wrecked it. It was repaired in a cheap way and the engine doesnt sit under the hood right as they told me at the Hyundai service but that doesnt matter that much. The point is there is something probably with the electricity in the car, power locks dont work properly even the airbag indicator comes up, he said he replaced it that he even has the old one so what should I do...I'm curious because I really need to get it repaired, I dont even know if the airbags are even there...previous owner really was an *******. More problems too but does someone know how to fix the problem with the power locks and the airbag indicator to make it turn off?

·
Registered
514 Posts
bummer man anyway usually the dealership resets the airbag lite for u and as far as the locks what exactly is happening hope it works out for u

·
Registered
894 Posts
Go into more details about your lock problem and we should be able to figure out how to fix it.

I gotta ask. Why did you even buy the car if it had that many problems? Did you not take it for a test drive?

I'd be a lot more concerned about the frame. "the engine doesnt sit under the hood right" is not a good thing at all. There must have been a pretty large amount of damage to the front end your car if the engine is out of place. From the sounds of it you bought a car that shouldn't even be on the road.

·
Registered
654 Posts
I know of one thing that could be wrong with the Air bag. I had the same problem and the dealership told me that it was the sensor in one of the front seatbelts. I havnt got it fixed yet but its possible that its the same thing. More then likly its because it was in an accident though. Just somethen for you to consider

·
Registered
594 Posts
what year is the car? mines an 07 i had an airbag sensor trigger from having to much stuff in my back seat... something got under the seat... caught up on the airbag sensor which is mounted directly under the seat and pulled it kinda loose and then when people would get in and out slide the seat back and forward, sensor light would come on and off...

it even came completely off one time which kept the light on, check it out!

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Go into more details about your lock problem and we should be able to figure out how to fix it.

I gotta ask. Why did you even buy the car if it had that many problems? Did you not take it for a test drive?

I'd be a lot more concerned about the frame. "the engine doesnt sit under the hood right" is not a good thing at all. There must have been a pretty large amount of damage to the front end your car if the engine is out of place. From the sounds of it you bought a car that shouldn't even be on the road.
I took it on a test drive, even went to check it out in a service near by. Looked flawless but when it got in my hands...**** happens

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

By the way... the engine is ok, at Hyundai they told me that its not that big of a problem with the engine position, I guess it wasn't hit that much so there isn't a noticable difference...let me know more stuff. I was wondering to return the car but I'll try to work on it.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
what year is the car? mines an 07 i had an airbag sensor trigger from having to much stuff in my back seat... something got under the seat... caught up on the airbag sensor which is mounted directly under the seat and pulled it kinda loose and then when people would get in and out slide the seat back and forward, sensor light would come on and off...

it even came completely off one time which kept the light on, check it out!
2002, first model, alot of people didn't know that they were made in 2002, but yeah :) Import from Germany. I hope it's going to be ok. Thanks for the info...

·
Registered
248 Posts
well if it was in an accident check the frame out man. make sure thats all good. that could affect your engine position, also your tred on your wheels with your allignment... did you at least get a good deal on it? tell me you didnt pay more than 6k for this

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
well if it was in an accident check the frame out man. make sure thats all good. that could affect your engine position, also your tred on your wheels with your allignment... did you at least get a good deal on it? tell me you didnt pay more than 6k for this
About 10 grand in US Dollars. 180 000 Czech Crowns...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts