Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2006 V6 Manual Tiburon wth Ark Catback Exhaust
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've searched inumerous amounts of car tuners in Melbourne and none tune tiburons. Would anybody know where I would be able to take my car?
Thank you

·
Registered
32 Posts
Are u talking about altering the stock ecu mapping etc ?
I’ve seen that on here before somewhere but it’s mostly done in Korea to my knowledge.
It’s probably not worth the effort unless ur boosted or have a V6 with cams.
Most common thing to do is install a piggy back or standalone. Seeing as though ur in Aus like me, Haltech is king

·
Registered
2006 Hyundai Tiburon SE
837 Posts
What exactly do you need tuned? What is your modlist?

I can reflash the OEM for some basic boltons like I/H/E. Such as advancing ignition timing for premium fuel, lowering the open loop TPS trigger point from 70% to 50% and leaning out the WOT enrichment table from 10:1 to around 12.5:1 for more power.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have an manual 06 v6 model. Anyway, I need a tune for I/h/e as I need to compete against SV6 commodores, so anything that will get me an edge will make my world XD. Are you offering to reflash my ECU all the way from the US?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Are u talking about altering the stock ecu mapping etc ?
I’ve seen that on here before somewhere but it’s mostly done in Korea to my knowledge.
It’s probably not worth the effort unless ur boosted or have a V6 with cams.
Most common thing to do is install a piggy back or standalone. Seeing as though ur in Aus like me, Haltech is king
And yeah, it is the stock ECU that I'm trying to reflash. Apparently there's not a lot of demand for tuning tiburon ECUs but I'm not going to stop trying.

·
Registered
2006 Hyundai Tiburon SE
837 Posts
I have an manual 06 v6 model. Anyway, I need a tune for I/h/e as I need to compete against SV6 commodores, so anything that will get me an edge will make my world XD. Are you offering to reflash my ECU all the way from the US?
You definitely won't be able to compete with LS V8 Commodores though.

I have a canned tune that will work for you. What octane fuel is available to you? 98 RON or 93 AKI with 10% ethanol? You're only looking at a maximum of around 190-200WHP with a tune. Add some .340 lift cams and you can break 200WHP. Remember that the OEM power rating is only around 140-150WHP after power train loss.

i just need to know if your car has an immobilizer or if it has 4 O2 sensors or 2 O2 sensors.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You definitely won't be able to compete with LS V8 Commodores though.

I have a canned tune that will work for you. What octane fuel is available to you? 98 RON or 93 AKI with 10% ethanol? You're only looking at a maximum of around 190-200WHP with a tune. Add some .340 lift cams and you can break 200WHP. Remember that the OEM power rating is only around 140-150WHP after power train loss.

i just need to know if your car has an immobilizer or if it has 4 O2 sensors or 2 O2 sensors.
It has two O2 sensors per header (which is the RPW shorty headers) Also there is a high flow cat converter.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Does the Tib really run 10:1 wot ? That’s crazy rich.
To be completely honest with you, I have no idea if it runs 10:1 wot or not. But yeah, I've heard to run rich is safer than to run too lean, I guess 😂

·
Registered
2006 Hyundai Tiburon SE
837 Posts
Yes it does run that rich. My wideband maxes out at 10:1 on the OEM tune. It could possibly be richer than 10:1 but my wideband doesn't read anything richer than 10:1. Loses a lot of power running that rich of course. The OEM tune is for worst case scenarios running the worst fuel on the hottest day. Also emissions requirements sucks the life out of these motors.

If you're interested in a canned tune to run on Australia's premium fuel (I believe that's 98 RON) shoot me a private message and we can work out further details. I'm sure shipping will be expensive so to save you round trip shipping I may be able to sell you one of my cores. I've also got a list of add-ons like a launch control limiter and matching fuel/ignition cut for a more machine gun like sound on the rev limiters.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yes it does run that rich. My wideband maxes out at 10:1 on the OEM tune. It could possibly be richer than 10:1 but my wideband doesn't read anything richer than 10:1. Loses a lot of power running that rich of course. The OEM tune is for worst case scenarios running the worst fuel on the hottest day. Also emissions requirements sucks the life out of these motors.

If you're interested in a canned tune to run on Australia's premium fuel (I believe that's 98 RON) shoot me a private message and we can work out further details. I'm sure shipping will be expensive so to save you round trip shipping I may be able to sell you one of my cores. I've also got a list of add-ons like a launch control limiter and matching fuel/ignition cut for a more machine gun like sound on the rev limiters.
Alright awesome, sounds like a plan. I'll message you and we'll work it out! 😁

·
Registered
2 Posts
I've searched inumerous amounts of car tuners in Melbourne and none tune tiburons. Would anybody know where I would be able to take my car?
Thank you
It'll take a drive to WA when Chairman McGowan deigns to let you in, but try Mandurah Performance in Mandurah WA.
I can guarantee the drive back home will be a dream!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
It'll take a drive to WA when Chairman McGowan deigns to let you in, but try Mandurah Performance in Mandurah WA.
I can guarantee the drive back home will be a dream!
That would sound like a dream. I guess if worse comes to worse that should be my second option

·
Registered
2007 Hyundai Tiburon GS
13 Posts
What exactly do you need tuned? What is your modlist?

I can reflash the OEM for some basic boltons like I/H/E. Such as advancing ignition timing for premium fuel, lowering the open loop TPS trigger point from 70% to 50% and leaning out the WOT enrichment table from 10:1 to around 12.5:1 for more power.
Hi there! Do you tune i4 Tiburons by chance?

·
Registered
2006 Hyundai Tiburon SE
837 Posts
Hi there! Do you tune i4 Tiburons by chance?
I can reflash the 2.0 but I don't have alot of data on the maps for it. I can do some basic things like raise the rev limiter and ignition /fuel maps... but I need a local test car in the Seattle area to develop a proper N/A tune with.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts