Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
330 Posts
Anyone here drive it year round?

How is it?
Tib is excellent in the snow, I passed a cop in a winter blizzard on the DVP south. He was using his siren to tell me to slow down. I just kept on going and he was fish tailing in the crown vic,

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
Does a bear **** in the woods? Does a tree make noise when it falls and nobody is around?

·
Registered
456 Posts
yes, they are excellent in the snow imo. i used to play around in the same spots that my buddy with wrx would go. no problem, never stuck once. had summer tires on even. obviously don't be dumb and drive into 3ft imbankment. but yea. they do very well. FT. Drum NY ftw

·
Registered
6,861 Posts
The tib does fine, just stay away from curbs ;)

·
Registered
205 Posts
oh and when theres ice stay away from car washes lol i hit one :( has summer tires with 50K on them) but other than that its all good lol

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
i live in utah so the winters are rough and, my wife drove mine this past winter with snow tires and didnt hit one thing..... i should also add that my wife is a terrible driver so thats saying a lot about the tibby

·
I /k/an Haz R33 GT-R
502 Posts
i used to, its fun to fully steer in and give it a nice punch at the gas pedal, and just see it slide forward instead of the way you are steering it
using all season tires lol

·
Registered
782 Posts
I'm fine in the snow. As long as you're careful enough, you should be fine. Be sure to avoid potholes, especially with the stock 17s. I suffered with having a large bubble on my left front tire, forcing me to get it replaced.

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
yea i have some ugly 16 inch snow tires to throw on and ive had no problems driving in the snow

very good winter driver

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
yea i have some ugly 16 inch snow tires to throw on and ive had no problems driving in the snow

very good winter driver
Ok, I just thought that, with all the mods I see for these cars, that people drive them in summer & park them in the winter.

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
pics or it doesnt exist haha ^

but yea its my summer and winter car

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
SO how much is a turbo charger? How much will a trubo boost the Gt V6 Tibby? Just curious. if I do buy me a 2008 Tiburon, I will not being doing anything to it for at least a year, seeing as it will come with a 5 year/100,000k warranty

1 - 20 of 33 Posts