Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
why is my car makin this tickin noise at idle
so i made this vid to c if any of u all know why my car makes this tickin noise it has been doing this for awhile now its kinda lloud when ur in front of the car buut u can hear it from the bak to an its only at idle now wen im driving so i dont know if its like a lifter or what. so just watch the vid an listen. thanks

·
Registered
3,062 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Im gonna go with a failing rod bearing. Mine made the exact same noise before my motor died. The ticking went on about a week before it actually started to knock. I hope im wrong, but you never know. Good luck man

·
Registered
392 Posts
I learned when you have something ticking/knocking in your engine compartment, it's a bad idea to rev it up. Just sayin.

Could be oil filter, oil type, injector, lifter, something not to worry about at all. Kinda hard to tell in video as opposed to in person. Ticking shouldn't really occur but as long as it doesn't start knocking or thudding you shouldn't have to worry about something serious like a rod. Still though, figure it out in case it IS something to worry about.

·
Registered
167 Posts
I learned when you have something ticking/knocking in your engine compartment, it's a bad idea to rev it up. Just sayin.

Could be oil filter, oil type, injector, lifter, something not to worry about at all. Kinda hard to tell in video as opposed to in person. Ticking shouldn't really occur but as long as it doesn't start knocking or thudding you shouldn't have to worry about something serious like a rod. Still though, figure it out in case it IS something to worry about.
I was already going to replace the engine because I knew the previous owner gave it hell. So revving it would have made no difference. This engine was gonna blow no matter what.

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
The first route the OP should test.

filter, and proper oil weight.

I see you're in Florida, where at? maybe some of us are close enough to pass by and give you a hand(no homo? lol)

EDIT: good god this is from last year, wtf... NVM! lol

1 - 11 of 11 Posts