Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well,
Basically, the custom molded widebody kit I have on my car has finally given me its last problems. After over 10,000 in just repairs over two years its time to cut this bad boy up and send it packing.
What lessons were learned? Well, listen to others when they say dont go with certain body kits. They actually might know what they are talking about. The most important lesson of all though.... NEVER AGAIN BUY A FIBERGLASS KIT , except if its for my YZF-R6 from Sharkskinz (promotional promo?).
So, here it is. I got a back up truck and will be driving it as I begin to deassemble my car in my garage. This project will begin on block leave for christmas. Projected end date, HAHA yeah right..Hopefully by May or June. With me and a few mechanic friends of mine doing the sawing and sanding and unmolding.
Its either change the kit or just sell the car. Thats how frustrated I am in regards to all this.
Has anyone got any advice to offer up about the disassembly of the kit? I guess the first task would be the initial removal of the front fenders. Thats gonna be a task. Actually all jokes aside its gonna be a pretty lengthy task all around.
My estimated endstate: Covert from Widebody to Razzi Tib.
(Let the flamming about Razzi begin)

Thanks,
Peace

·
Registered
3,837 Posts
leave it as is and sell it would be my recomendation... you have a nice theme and I'm sure someone will like to take it off your hands as is

·
Registered
4,064 Posts
well..be fair, was it the actuall min (yes I know it had its own issues) or the ebay crap.

Dont knock all Fiberglass kits. My Zefiro has been on for 2.5 year and no problems.

post some pics...

·
Registered
943 Posts
Look, just because you made one mistake about going with a widebody doesn't mean you should make another by going with a Razzi. Two wrongs don't make a right... but two Wrights made an airplane.

But anyway, when my car was stolen and they f*cked up my widebody, I had to cut the entire rear quarterpanels off the car and re-weld new ones on. You might have to do the same, granted you cut out the stock fender to fit larger wheels, granted you actually bought wheels that fill the kit.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well, Like I said I WILL NEVER GET ANOTHER FIBERGLASS KIT, REGARDLESS OF WHO MAKES IT. More power to you guys with HIGH QUALITY FIBERGLASS KITS. To me polyurethane is way more appealing and if you have ever been to Fort Jackson, South Carolina, its not the most ideal place for a modified car not made out of steel.

I just took my 19's off the car and got the chane to get some Tenzo R G7's from a sponor of mine at like zero cost. I got the offer till January, so I might take it up.

I got a question about how much I would sell the car for. By itself with stock rims and new tires with sound system and original parts for it I would depart with it for 16K. Currently thats in the back on my mind.

*We are thinking the back end will be easy to do to take off and get to factory specs in order to switch to the Razzi bumper. Heres the trick we are going to try to pull off: The molded side skirts from the GT-C will be modified and refiberglassed to match the look and flow of the Razzi style. Thats all if I dont sell the car before the New Year.

·
Registered
2,373 Posts
good luck with it all JB...I told you at Nopi 2 years ago when you got damage on the drive over you would have constant problems...might be better off to move on to something else...I let go of my Tib about 4 weeks ago...it was a sexy ride but time for a change....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts