Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys i have a black 06 Tib, and i have like $350...and im trying to decide on either a big GT Wing or some black tint...im a big fan of nice rice not crap rice and i wnna eventually slap a body kit on my tib...but i havent gotten tint yet and its winter so no hurry. What do u guys think??
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
514 Posts
What do you have now? I would go tint first. The GT wing will come in time when you get the body kit and get it lowered.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,501 Posts
You can get tints anytime, whereas GT Wings are pretty difficult to come by. Nobody other than Import Shark has the GT Wing mounting bases which allow you to utilize the OEM spoiler bolt holes--and there are only a few sets left at that.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
514 Posts
ItaliaTib2k3 said:
You can get tints anytime, whereas GT Wings are pretty difficult to come by. Nobody other than Import Shark has the GT Wing mounting bases which allow you to utilize the OEM spoiler bolt holes--and there are only a few sets left at that.
You have herd it from the man himself :3_pimatyo
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
639 Posts
well with 350 u can do a lot like tint AND intake and have some leftover for gas or get a tint AND springs or something like that. i personally like the GT wing too but i think u should get it after bodykit and lowered. but thats my opinion
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,221 Posts
cobby said:
well with 350 u can do a lot like tint AND intake and have some leftover for gas or get a tint AND springs or something like that. i personally like the GT wing too but i think u should get it after bodykit and lowered. but thats my opinion
:3_withstu i was gonna say something similar to the above post

do the tint yourself and spend the rest on something else, i just bought tints this week to do it this weekend and it cost me like $20 total....
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
3,665 Posts
tiburongirl22 said:
noo... do the wing first.... then do the tinting....
no no, a GT wing will only look good on a car that looks agressive ( i.e. something like rims, lowered, dark tint, bodykit)

get the tint now and just wait until you have a nice body kit to get the GT wing, b/c only tthen will that wing really set off your car. if you get the wing with nothing else on ur car it will just look out of place and crappy
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,283 Posts
i would get tint in my opinion, but if you really want to jump on the gtwing mounting bases right now i would simply leave it in the garage until you have the rest of your appearance stuff ready to go. i hate wings by the way... but i'm trying to offer a useful opinion :p
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,783 Posts
Mike3189x said:
Hey guys i have a black 06 Tib, and i have like $350...and im trying to decide on either a big GT Wing or some black tint...im a big fan of nice rice not crap rice and i wnna eventually slap a body kit on my tib...but i havent gotten tint yet and its winter so no hurry. What do u guys think??
Is there such a thing as nice rice? Wings aren't nice either way you put it unless you have like a bajillion horsepower with rwd. :3_clown:

I'd go Tint. Keep your Tib clean for as long as possible, then goto the darkside
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
733 Posts
Tint not only looks good but is practical because it keeps your car cooler in the summer and it keeps people from being able to see in your car. A wing just makes it the target of ricers.
Ken
 

·
Sam:Moderator of the Dead
Joined
·
2,220 Posts
sorensilk said:
IMO:

Tint looks good

GT wings look bad.

But that's my opinion. Just figure out what you like the best.
I am with this guy...I really think the GT wing is ugly as sin.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
279 Posts
Tint it. Avoid the wing.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
495 Posts
Get the tint first. I'm not really a fan of any wings, that's why I took mine off. Spoilerless Tibs are secksy
 
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Top