Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you can avoid them it is in your best interest. They have some okay people there, but they deny warranty work whenever it's even kind of possible.

For example, my transmission was grinding on a 1-2 upshift and on a 2-1 downshift only. Factory shop manual says that's bad synchros. A messed up clutch will cause grinding in all gears. The SERVICE MANAGER argued with me for a while over the cause and then he came up with his last offer:

If I PAY them for a new clutch + install labor (their diagnosis, $750ish) they'll look at the synchros while the transaxle is out and replace them if they're worn. They absolutely refused to do anything to fix the problem in any way unless I paid to have my perfectly good clutch replaced. They charged me a little over a hundred bucks to drive the car around the block and verifying that my complaint was happening.

Resolution was that I left and installed Redline MT-90 fluid and my grinding disappeared. Redline helps Hyundai trannies with bad synchros not grind anymore. Won't help if you have a clutch issue.

So don't go there for any warranty work. I suggest Robert Larson Hyundai on South Tacoma Way as an alternative for Olympia area Hyundai owners.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Ya, they have not been very helpful with our clutch problem so we will try Robert Larson.
We do like our salesperson and finance manager at Titus Will. We have gotten 2 cars there. Both very good expiriences. Although we would not recommend going to the sales manager there.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts