Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering what the top 3 Brands for coilovers for Tiburons are.
Need to get some pretty soon.
But can't seem to decide.

If anyone can suggest top 3 in order. would be Great.!!!

I'm considering Tein, Eibach, Bilstein.

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
1. Tein
2. KSport
3. Not sure what # 3 could be.... Eibach doesnt have true coilovers...... they just have the ones that slide over your shocks/struts or whatever and are held on buy a couple alan screws.....

1 or 2 would be your best bet.......

·
Registered
3,879 Posts
Haha.. we don't even have 3 options... so it's either Tein or Ksport

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Anyone know if Bilstein is any good??
Supposedly they've got a 100 years history or something....

just wann a confirm...

Thanks to all

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
I was told that Tein is a lot of maintainence, where as the K-Sports are a whole lot less, is that true?

·
Registered
943 Posts
kartunez said:
I was told that Tein is a lot of maintainence, where as the K-Sports are a whole lot less, is that true?

Uhh, maintenance?

My Teins have been on for like 2 years or something now, work as well as they did when I put them on.. There is no maintenance... What maintenance would even be required for ANY coilover?

·
Registered
647 Posts
tein and ksport are your obvious choices.. there is a krn brand called Quest.. and i think it was ARK that was starting to build one too..

·
Registered
647 Posts
teins go from $1400-$1600.. and ksport go from like $850-$1200.. theres 2 types of coilovers for ksport..you can read up on that on their website.. pretty much you're looking to spend over a $1000 for coilovers.. i never had one but i'm going to have to say that they pretty much do their thing as performance goes.. tein is well known.. i've heard nothing but good from people who've gotten ksport.. the only thing is that for daily driving, it's going to be a bumpy ride..

·
Registered
481 Posts
krnxwestsider said:
teins go from $1400-$1600.. and ksport go from like $850-$1200.. theres 2 types of coilovers for ksport..you can read up on that on their website.. pretty much you're looking to spend over a $1000 for coilovers.. i never had one but i'm going to have to say that they pretty much do their thing as performance goes.. tein is well known.. i've heard nothing but good from people who've gotten ksport.. the only thing is that for daily driving, it's going to be a bumpy ride..
so is there no point in getting them if your just doing your everyday driving?? or are they for racing only?

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
for a daily driver, honestly, no. if you're obsessed with having the perfect drop with the widest lowest offset wheels then you'd want them only because you can fine tune the dampening and height. as far as performance, unless you're doing some sort of hard corning in autocross or something like that they wont do much more than increase the speed at which you can take offramps and traffic circles...

·
Registered
3,879 Posts
bcware said:
for a daily driver, honestly, no. if you're obsessed with having the perfect drop with the widest lowest offset wheels then you'd want them only because you can fine tune the dampening and height. as far as performance, unless you're doing some sort of hard corning in autocross or something like that they wont do much more than increase the speed at which you can take offramps and traffic circles...
Hey... taking off ramps at speed is fun.. :3_winkthu

·
Registered
481 Posts
bcware said:
So i guess its not really worth wasting 1 to 16k if your not planing on lowering or racing around the track then.

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
there are more than 2 choices because kspec, sharkracing, and seoulful all have their own house brands... i have ksports and havent had any issues with them. im having some hatch noise from the strut tower area but i think its because of the strut bar which ill deal with when school gets out.

edit: I would definitely recommend KSPORTS

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
jrosario7 said:
So i guess its not really worth wasting 1 to 16k if your not planing on lowering or racing around the track then.
it's pricey and dont forget the installation cost as well, if you've got the dough and want the looks and performance to match go for it, otherwise a smaller suspension upgrade might suite you.

·
Registered
412 Posts
bcware said:
it's pricey and dont forget the installation cost as well, if you've got the dough and want the looks and performance to match go for it, otherwise a smaller suspension upgrade might suite you.

You guys forgot about another brand called B & G Sport Coilovers. They are about $1000. Here is a link, but I dont know how good they are:

http://www.coximport.com/bg/

·
Registered
1,632 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
I would say top three is Tein, ksport, and Quest. I have quest coilovers and they rock.. but hawaii roadways and potholes suck !!!

·
Registered
430 Posts
Redtibofmakakilo said:
I would say top three is Tein, ksport, and Quest. I have quest coilovers and they rock.. but hawaii roadways and potholes suck !!!
+1 I have them as well.... But I had 'em first of course, Jason likes to copy me, lol.
They are excellent, and I only paid about $400 for mine on ebay rebadged as MOOKEEH, had them for over a year and a half, and they are great. A bit stiff for daily driving if it bothers you, but I like to feel the road, plus my car is pretty much as low as it'll go and I can change it any time I want.... just my 2cents

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
jrosario7 said:
Thats how i sould look at it. If your not going to hit any tracks to auto cross or anything then just get you and eibach package or something or just mix and match to get the height and feel you want. Would save you money and give you the feel and look your looking for.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts