Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my first install... Gotta start somewhere right and this seemed to be the place. I'm simply (obviously not simple) trying to install an AMP and sub box into my 2006 Tib. I've got the amp in place, seems to power on fine, but I'll be damned if I can figure out how wire from the stock deck (infinity sound system) to the amp, then sub. If someone could graciously provide the steps with out the newb bashing and jokes, that would be great.

Thanks

·
Registered
510 Posts
i'm not too familiar with the infinity setup. but i am going to say you need to either use the line levels into the amps or get a line level converter to change it to RCAs. someone please correct me if I am wrong

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Your going to have to be a lot more generic in the replies, as I am a total newb on the audio scene, but I really want to understand it. I pulled the head unit, and I don't see anywear to hook up any sort of RCA connectors. Someone please help.

·
Registered
510 Posts
ok, you can splice into the wires that come off the head deck that go to your speakers, then into your amp, providing that your amp will accept them. the other way is just as above to splice into your wires coming off the head deck and then you buy what is called a line level converter. you wire the wires from your head deck to it and from there it has RCA outputs. hope this helps

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
take a look to see if the amp has what is called a "low fi" input , this should be a little thingy that could plug into the amp, running 4 prongs in a sqaure maybe a quarter inch .(if your amp has this it should have come with it)
now if you do have this this the whole thing will be a piece of cake, you just splice the wires from that plug into the wires for your speakers.
if you are just planning to run a sub on this amp it is even easyer, you only need to hook up one side.

·
Registered
3,312 Posts
06orangecrush is right. you will need to hook the amp up exactly like you normally would except for the remote wire and the rca's. i put the remote wire to a fuse in the fuse box that is only on with the radio. and the thing 06orangecrush is talking about you can get at bestbuy for about 20 or 30 bucks. i think mine was called a line converter to be simple. it look like an oval cylindar and has wires coming out the top and two rca female inputs on the other side. when you get it you should get some instructions on what wires to hook up to. if not im me and ill let you know what wires i used.

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
i hooked my remote wire up to the tail lights , seeing how i always have the lights on anywayz

·
Registered
533 Posts
There are 2 types of signals: Line level, and Speaker level. Line level is a pre-amp signal (1-8v olts) that must be amplified. Speaker level is the output from the amplifier that goes right into the speakers.

The factory head unit sends a speaker level signal to the speakers obviously, and does not provide any line level output. Even if you have a factory amp, the head unit sends a speaker signal. The newer Kenwood tibs may be different.

You can tap into the front or rear stereo speaker level signal, and connect it to a line level converter. The line level converter takes the signal, impedence matches it to show the same load to the speaker, but comes out with a line-level outputs also, and has RCA connectors. You then connect the RCAs into your new amp.

If your amp accepts a high-level, you can just directly use the speaker level signal right into your amp.

However your best option is to buy an aftermatket head unit, which will come with line level outputs. You can geta descent Kenwood deck for around 100 bucks. You will notice a huge increase in quality over the stock deck.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts