Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I need a little bit of information on how important the TPMS is. When I bought my new wheels/tires from a website, I told them I didn't have a tpms because I didn't think I had one. But after driving around a little bit, the light came on. Now how important is it? And if it is important, is there any way to fix it? Just curious on what they would of done if I told them I had a tpms. Hopefully I can get the problem fixed!

·
Registered
205 Posts
have you tried to search this?
im guessing there is a way to confuse the system and it will be all better :) well its usually tht way

·
Registered
205 Posts
ok so did some searching didnt see anything about a way to trick it but the light isnt gonna do anything to you car just warns you about tire pressures so ignore it, or someone even said take dash apart and put tape over it lol

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I might just pay the money to add the things to the tires so the light won't come on. Might as well utilize a feature the car has instead of just ignoring it.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
The TPMS is monitored by the valve stems. Dont you have the old valve stems in your stock wheels? If so put them in your new wheels and your good to go.

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
The TPMS is monitored by the valve stems. Dont you have the old valve stems in your stock wheels? If so put them in your new wheels and your good to go.
That should work, as long as they don't break them.

·
Registered
150 Posts
you can go to your local hyundai dealer and get new tpms sensors, that will work fine, may have to pay a lil for em lol but it will fix the problem

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
you can go to your local hyundai dealer and get new tpms sensors, that will work fine, may have to pay a lil for em lol but it will fix the problem
Between 80-100 apiece.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts