Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I went to Auto zone to get atf, a filter and trans pan gasket.
the guy looked up the parts and gave me a oil filter type [filter] for the Transmission.
I dbl checked it and thats what it called for..an external screw on trans filter.
I've looked all over this thing & I can't find it..Anyone be able to help me with this one ?

·
Registered
3,030 Posts
first, return all of it. Only use hyundai's ATF. Some reason other brands can fubar it. At least this is true for the 03's

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok..so the fluid is no good..What about the screw on filter ?...
and I'll still need the pan gasket.The pan is already off.

·
Registered
173 Posts
What year is your tib? I have a 07 and there is no spin on filter. You should see the filter inside the pan.

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
The automatic transmissions in tibs are a closed system, no replacing filters on them.

·
Dedication to Thai Cuisine
7,688 Posts
there is no external filter for the trans.. maybe an internal filter.

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
All the parts houses list a filter for our cars. They look pretty much the same as a american car trans filter.
Yea lots of places list parts for the tibs that tibs dont have, Trust me theres no filter to replace.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Alright Good deal, No filter.
How about the pan gasket, Is the fel pro gasket ok to use ?

·
Registered
4,994 Posts
Just return everything...do not seperate the pan unless you have to. that oem gasket is pretty thick and tough.

if changing the fluid. there is a drain plug.

best service for our car is a drain and fill technique.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yea. . . . . . .um, Pan is off.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Alright...Well I sealed up the trans pan with the rubber gasket I got from autozone, Shifts much better..All is well =]

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
Alright...Well I sealed up the trans pan with the rubber gasket I got from autozone, Shifts much better..All is well =]
See, Nothing to worry about. you gotta trust SOME of us better than the dinky auto parts places. Glad its all back no prpblems for ya.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts