Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
where is the fill plug for the 4cylinder, 5-speed manual transmission.
I know this has been posted before but i've had no luck with the discriptions given, anyone with some pics or maybe a nice discription.
Thanks

·
Registered
308 Posts
man... i wish i had pics the first time I did my tranny oil on my 6 speed. If they are in the same location I'll try and get some in the morning before I go to work. The problem I had was i was looking for a regular bolt but it isn't. it sits pretty much flush with the transmission and goes in. You need to use a big allen wrench or socket to get it out.

·
Rool : Pron Spammer
4,096 Posts
If it's the same as on the 6 speed, the plug is on the driver's side at the lower edge of the tranny. The filler plug is just to the left of that but a bit higher.

A 10mm hex wrench will get the plugs out. Make sure you take the fill plug out first to make sure you'll be able to fill it. Then take out the drain plug. Also, make sure you use GL-4 gear oil, not GL-5 and not GLS. The sulfur content of GL-4 gear oil is for soft metals. The sulfur content of GL-5 is too high. GLS is manufacturer specific.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
alright sorry for the hassle, there is a picture in the owners manual, not that good but i figured it out based on that, i'm gonna take a picture and post it for others, by the way from what i take it is different on the 06' 5-speeds than on the 6speed. thanks guys

1 - 4 of 4 Posts