Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Rool : Pron Spammer
6,182 Posts
no im a 5 speed.
Someone said the drain plug and filler are different than on the 6spd. So, I think someone else should chime in on this, but you should still be able to do it yourself. Also, I'm assuming it uses the same gear lub (GL-4), make sure that's what you get. Don't listen to anyone if they tell you to use GL-5 and you're taking a chance if you use Syncromesh.

·
and his new kimchi coupe
8,280 Posts
Syncromesh got rid of my grinding 3rd gear. Its a little hard go get in gear on the first start of the day while the tranny is cold, but it works well for me. I change it around every 40k miles.

·
Registered
7,142 Posts
ya wut stuff does everyone use?
I use RP gear oil and Im happy with it so far.:3_loveit:

EDIT I for got to mention Ive had it in for about 15,000 miles with no problems

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
how often should i chnage the trans fluid and how can i do it myself, is it as easy an oil change
Man, college will do you well. Teach you to be a little more self-sufficient and adept ... well at least in this case as far finding answers that are right in front of you, haha.

In the... would you believe it... Transmission Forum!
http://www.newtiburon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=64360

And the drain interval is right in your owner/maintenance manual. I believe it is 60k for manuals, 30k for auto (but don't hold me to that).

I would recommend using either Hyundai's fluid or the Redline (since it actually matches OEM specs). Good luck.

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
I called my dealer, Alexandria (VA) Hyundai, today and asked what they recommend for 6-sp tranny oil change interval. Service manager said that they have started doing it as part of the 15K interval service, since that is what they do for autos. I recently had my 30K service, so I asked him to verify that they had, in fact, changed my tran oil also. He confirmed that they had and will do it again at 45K. What a dealer!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.