Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 2008 tibby, i bought the car in 2012. i have had to replace the clutch 4 times since, 3 by mechanics and 1 time by me. every single time it is replaced, within 3 to 4 months the transmission will start slipping(E.I. while on accelerator rpm will climb but speed doesn't change hardly but when accelerator is released the car jerks back to where it should be) now i know this is a pressure plate problem, however this time it kicks itself out of gear while being accelerated (mainly 4th and 5th) also upon starting the car while in neutral it sounds like a metal grinder is going to town but when clutch is pressed down to shift the noise stops.

what is going on with my car? is it the throw out bearing? the pressure plate? or the whole assembly in its self?

it was my first vehicle i financed on my own and i would like to give it to my brother when he turns 16 in a year but i must fix it, the right way and cheaply, suggestions?

·
Registered
539 Posts
Was it the same brand throw-out bearing you put in all 4 times?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i honestly dont know, the repairs done by the mechanics they used parts that they had ordered, im also now having problems reversing, itll go into gear but when i go to actually reversse it wont go anywhere or if it does then its a jerky motion and i dont get very far

1 - 4 of 4 Posts