Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2008 Tiburon GT. I've had the car 2 months and automatic transmission seems okay? When it was inspected they said it was oozing fluids and old and low fluid, possible side seals leaking. It isn't leaking a lot, more like seepage, nothing dripping. I have watched videos on transmissions and gotten the idea that if I change the transmission fluid or flush the system it may cause issues that I am not having right now. I have the idea of doing a partial fill to let it adjust from low state and then topping it off in a few days. If everything's okay, maybe change fluid in a month? It seems happy with what it has now.

I don't have money to put into mechanic and proper repairs right now, still paying for car and new timing belt. I drive it back and forth to work on 30 mph streets. I know it needs about $2000 work [ struts and suspension work] I just want to keep it healthy enough for commute until I get some money to do repairs.

Also, would it be a good idea to use a transmission stop leak to stop the seepage?

imsamib

·
Registered
83 Posts
If it is currently leaking transmission fluid you need to address that immediately. It will destroy the transmission. Old struts may make you feel seasick but they won't be as catastrophic as continuing to drive an unlubricated transmission.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts