Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alrighty i have an 03 v6 6spd gt, in the process of removing the tranny, everything is off, unbolted and out of the way. Tranny comes off the engine about 1/2 an inch then gets stuck and wont come off any further. Im pretty sure the imput shaft is hung up on the clutch. Anyone have any recomendations?? ive had three guys prying and tugging and it wont come loose, it wiggles ALOT but will not come free. Im really stuck here.

·
Registered
282 Posts
no the craddel bolts them self you will not be able to drop the trans out with out removing them. they are 4 bolts on the black sub frame. im sorry not the 2 front but the 2 on the driver side just let it hang. it is the frame section that connects the front of the car to the tunnel

·
Worst Overall NT Member of 2010
6,782 Posts
i posted a pdf on how to do this. let me find it

·
Worst Overall NT Member of 2010
6,782 Posts
what is your email

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
you didnt unbolt the clutch fork... where the slave connects to the top of the trans... there is a nut to hold it in just un bolt it and take the plastic bushing out and it will let the fork move free enough to slip away from the TOB

·
Banned
60 Posts
Unhook the forks from the TOB.

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
you didnt unbolt the clutch fork... where the slave connects to the top of the trans... there is a nut to hold it in just un bolt it and take the plastic bushing out and it will let the fork move free enough to slip away from the TOB
Unhook the forks from the TOB.
+1 to both of these you might need to move the lever towards the engine to help it along.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I ended up pulling the engine, pulled the clutch fork nut and bushing off, the rod is now loose and i can even pull it out pretty far, but the tranny is still stuck. HELP!! :3_frown:

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
got it off finally, just had to muscle it. only problem is that im a little confused about the flywheel. The part that the clutch bolts to is wobbly and doesnt seem like its attatched very well to the flywheel itself. Is this normal? maybe that was why my clutch didnt disengage?

·
Registered
579 Posts
you removed the engine???

you have to remove the entire subframe to get the tranny out...why did you not do that??

you need to rotate the fork and it should slide out.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Found some other info that might be useful fornay one still interested...

Question:
I have an 03' hyundai tiburon 2.0 4cyl. manual trans. and I'm replacing the engine. I took the engine out with the trans still attached. now I'm trying to remove the trans from the engine and I cant get the trans to separate from the engine more than a half inch. I couldn't find any access to the torque converter to remove any bolts. so how do I remove the trans

ANSWER:
Your vehicle uses a pull type clutch. The clutch throwout bearing release fork hooks into the release bearing. You'll need to remove the release fork lever from the top of the transmission to allow the fork to rotate out of the release bearing.
The release fork lever is the lever held onto the top of the transmission with a 14mm nut and attaching to the clutch release cylinder piston rod.

If you'd like to see the diagrams in the shop manual, you can register for a free account at www.hmaservice.com.

I have personally registered at the site and have found lots of usfull information there as well.
:rally-026:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts