Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so can the V6 2.7L make any real power off an all motor build? my buddy suggested to go with the supercharger because he doesnt think a V6 is going to make any big difference like a sc would. any opinions? also who is making the best supercharger for a daily driver that is easy on the wallet?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i just mean i dont wanna go with a Stage 3 SC or anything huge. Im new to the forums and I dont really know who makes good superchargers and who I should stay away from. Ive heard the RIPP SC is no good. Im lookin for a little guidance.

·
Registered
8,088 Posts
NGM, RIPP and ALPINE all make good supercharger kits. Alpine is the ONLY company with a 100% Reliable and Safe Tuning solution, the Unichip. The Unichip gives Alpine complete control of fuel AND timing allowing for Serious power levels with a Stage II kit that is still 100% reliable as a daily driver.

·
Registered
308 Posts
My best piece of advice to offer you is to search through this forum(there is a search button at the top of the page.) I know that sounds like a cop out and I don't like saying do a search but people are very polarized as to what they think is the best and feel the need to rabidly defend their position. These threads usually end up a pissing contest with nothing worthwhile in them and get locked.

Search for Alpine, Next Generation Motorsports aka NGM, or Ripp Mods. You may also want to check out the NGM forum in the sponsor section. I think alpine has their own forum on their website but I don't remember the URL off hand. Ripp mods has a website as well. You may also want to watch the for sale section as people frequently sell complete supercharger setups in there for decent savings.

·
Premium Member
3,782 Posts
dmdicks said:
NGM, RIPP and ALPINE all make good supercharger kits. Alpine is the ONLY company with a 100% Reliable and Safe Tuning solution, the Unichip. The Unichip gives Alpine complete control of fuel AND timing allowing for Serious power levels with a Stage II kit that is still 100% reliable as a daily driver.
Which is a lie. Just because your super-special Unichip gives you control over the timing, doesn't mean you are the ONLY company with an 100% reliable and safe tuning option. The MSD ignition boxes allow you to retard timing (which is what you need for f/i), and the J+S Safeguard module also protects your engine from detonation. To say you're kit is the ONLY 100% reliable kit is a load of crap. Plus you're getting a generic fuel tune for f/i applications, not a custom tune specific to your car (as you would get with a fuel tuner and a dyno-tune). To get that from the Unichip unit you will have to find a unichip dealer/tuner in your area, and shell out another couple hundred to get a custom tune made.

Your best option would be the nextgen units at this point. You will be making more power on lower boost, which will be easier on the engine internals.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Malogus said:
Which is a lie. Just because your super-special Unichip gives you control over the timing, doesn't mean you are the ONLY company with an 100% reliable and safe tuning option. The MSD ignition boxes allow you to retard timing (which is what you need for f/i), and the J+S Safeguard module also protects your engine from detonation. To say you're kit is the ONLY 100% reliable kit is a load of crap. Plus you're getting a generic fuel tune for f/i applications, not a custom tune specific to your car (as you would get with a fuel tuner and a dyno-tune). To get that from the Unichip unit you will have to find a unichip dealer/tuner in your area, and shell out another couple hundred to get a custom tune made.

Your best option would be the nextgen units at this point. You will be making more power on lower boost, which will be easier on the engine internals.
hey malogus what kinda cars have u raced in your n/a monster and beaten, what have u been beaten by, im really considering staying n/a, but cams is probably a ***** to get installed or install yourself, also hows your daily driving powerband, do you have to like rev the crap out of it like just to get moving?

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
dmdicks said:
Man oh man you do not even deserve a response to that idiotic statement you just made what a real a$$ you are, i'll just stick with my Ngm setup with my mafterburner and j&s safeguard way better than the crappy unichip that only alpine can tune, I can make adjustments and fine tune my setup myself without having to take it out everytime and send it to alpine and wait months before i get it back. Go with the NGM sniper or assassin setup they are proven my setup has been running perfect for over 10,000 miles and runs like stock enjoy. :3_winkthu

·
Premium Member
3,782 Posts
Vidfinnx said:
hey malogus what kinda cars have u raced in your n/a monster and beaten, what have u been beaten by, im really considering staying n/a, but cams is probably a ***** to get installed or install yourself, also hows your daily driving powerband, do you have to like rev the crap out of it like just to get moving?
My powerband is very nice. I lost a little low end torque when I installed the cams, but overall still pretty nice. It's hard to say what i have beat, only because alot is dependent on driver, and it's so damn hot here in AZ you rarely get accurate track times that you can compare with other places in the US. The best I have run is a 14.6, but that was in about 100 degree weather with track temps at about 180.

http://members.cox.net/pbogle/dyno207.jpg

·
Banned
642 Posts
WoW Dmdicks are you trying to get this guy to blow his **** up too ? I mean its ok to say Alpine and Ngm but to Say Ripp after all the problems people are still having ?

If you are going to boost your car then i would say Ngm by far over Alpine since it is a Kit that has reached its limits. If you want to have a starting point with great numbers then go with the Assassin and When you have more money , add more. dont go with a supercharger that has its limits set a 300 is you want more and more.

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
i don't want to offend either of sides, but if i had 2.7 i'd take sniper kit. it sounds sexy and it looks like pure power.

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
apkraven said:
i don't want to offend either of sides, but if i had 2.7 i'd take the sniper kit. it sounds sexy and it looks like pure power.
I love my sniper. I'd like to see an alpine stage 0 reach 211whp un-tuned.. or tuned for that matter. ha ha.

·
Premium Member
3,782 Posts
openthewell said:
I love my sniper. I'd like to see an alpine stage 0 reach 211whp un-tuned.. or tuned for that matter. ha ha.
Yeah, I find it really funny that a Alpine stage 0 with some bolt ons makes less hp than a full NA car. To me, thats the model of inefficiency.

·
Registered
3,291 Posts
damnit malogus make a friggin vid of your car!!! hahaha... no but seriously....

·
Premium Member
3,782 Posts
myslow1 said:
damnit malogus make a friggin vid of your car!!! hahaha... no but seriously....
I just ordered a 1 GB SD card for my little camera I bought. Expect some videos soon. Now I just need to find some people to race. Maybe I will try and hit the dragstrip this Friday (if the memory card arrives.

·
Registered
3,291 Posts
Malogus said:
I just ordered a 1 GB SD card for my little camera I bought. Expect some videos soon. Now I just need to find some people to race. Maybe I will try and hit the dragstrip this Friday (if the memory card arrives.
YES!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
725 Posts
Malogus said:
i'll give it a go, i just got my assassin :3_winkthu

1 - 20 of 69 Posts