Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1. First things first I started out by taking out everything in my trunk besides the spare tire not really needed to be taking out.

2.After I took out all the carpet I had to take the plastic black things off that are what hold the seat belt in place.

3. Now that that's done now is the time when I ran the LED wires on the inside of the wall, of were you just took the black seat belt covers off, for both sides.

4. This is when i hooked the LEDs up to the power source, from were the stock trunk light was but I'm pretty sure that W/B wire is +, and all B wire is -. After that's all done I started to run the wire in and out were the holes were on the frame.

5. Now for the last couple of steps I just uses some black Velcro to hold it in place on the black seat belt holders as you can see in the pic below.

6. Then for the final step time to put all the carpeting back in and enjoy the new LEDs

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
They are the blue LED strips from your local wal-mart store.lol didnt think about looking on amazon for some.

·
Registered
816 Posts
eBay is the cheapest place to get good quality LED strips. Just a quick tip, make sure you clean off the surface with some good quality degreaser/cleaner where you are gonna be adhering the LED strip/velcro because over time if your car sit under the sun alot the strip may not stick to the surface anymore....

·
Registered
306 Posts
Good diy, I like how you routed the wiring from the passenger side over. I tied in at the trunk light itself also, but instead of putting my strips on the seat belt retractor covers, I stuck them on my ARK strut bar, w00t!

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yeah I recently had a bad time with the originale set up, so I changed it to a better spot I'd say at least for were the wires were running through, I'm down to one LED.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Now being a blue colored lover. I know sometimes Blue external lights makes cops go wild. But what about blue internals? That is if they are bright and shine through tinting

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

The LEDs I have in the floor board are the small ones from AutoZone and the're not as bright as I was thinking. But they do the trick.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I spliced the wires into the cig lighter. But I was thinking of running it into something that the light switch can turn the brightness up.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
1. First things first I started out by taking out everything in my trunk besides the spare tire not really needed to be taking out.

2.After I took out all the carpet I had to take the plastic black things off that are what hold the seat belt in place.
[URL=http://s1318.photobucket.com/user/so_the_life420/media/Trunk%20Layout/TrunkLEDlayout3_zps5cdfa53f.jpg.html]
[/URL]
3. Now that that's done now is the time when I ran the LED wires on the inside of the wall, of were you just took the black seat belt covers off, for both sides.

4. This is when i hooked the LEDs up to the power source, from were the stock trunk light was but I'm pretty sure that W/B wire is +, and all B wire is -. After that's all done I started to run the wire in and out were the holes were on the frame.

5. Now for the last couple of steps I just uses some black Velcro to hold it in place on the black seat belt holders as you can see in the pic below.

6. Then for the final step time to put all the carpeting back in and enjoy the new LEDs

FINALLY FIXED IT HOPEFULLY.LOL

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Heres what it looks like now, had one of the LED strips blow up on me so I found an alternative spot for the one that was left.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts