Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

trying to do some homework...

1K views 42 replies 14 participants last post by  jctib69 
shady said:
Be different... Go with the Vortech (RIPP) setup. Mine will be up and running in a week or two and sooner or later us Vortech guys will be right up there with the Assasins. Nothing against TC, NGM, or Alpine, but the vortech is something different and that is half the fun.
There are plenty who have gone with Ripp's setup, but few that actually worked lol. There are still alot of kinks needed to be worked out and maybe boostology can get this kit running the way it should be.

MrPhotoman said:
and you will be slower than the NGM supercharged cars too. Why do you think no one that is RIPP supercharged ever posts timeslips? I would be willing to bet a 300whp RIPP supercharged car is slower than a 250whp NGM or Alpine supercharged car. Chances are it will be much less reliable as well but hey it is your money.
That is true I have yet to see a single timeslip of a Vortech s/c car. Tons of people claim that Ross ran a 12.88 but no video or timeslip to back it up. Alpine and NGM guys have at least a timeslip...

But a 300 whp vortech tib should be faster than a roots s/c that has 250whp from a roll. If traction is good, a roots setup would probably win on the 1/4.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.