Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So tomorrow at 6 p.m. i am going for a dyno tune. Mods are in the sig, and yes my car is 5 speed manual (incase someone ask).

So does anyone have suggestions for the A/F ratio? I have read;

12.5 - 13 to 1
13 - 13.5 to 1
14.7 to 1

I will definitly let you all know the results but does anyone have a good guess of where my numbers should fall once tuned?

·
Registered
355 Posts
Malogus, Isn't in the 12's a little too rich for N/A with his mods?... i'f i was N/A id think id wanna be in the mid to low 13's with thoes mods...

·
Read Only
0 Posts
Carrera1984 said:
Malogus, Isn't in the 12's a little too rich for N/A with his mods?... i'f i was N/A id think id wanna be in the mid to low 13's with thoes mods...
It's all dependent on car and how much dyno time you have. I found I made the most power at around 12.1:1, yet most people find the most power at around 13:1, so it's really about each individual car, and environment.

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i got an hour at a very good shop. Unfortunately im one of 2 tibs to be Dyno there so we will see. I am going to let them know the window should be somewhere between 12.1 to 13

·
Banned
2,031 Posts
Malogus said:
It's all dependent on car and how much dyno time you have. I found I made the most power at around 12.1:1, yet most people find the most power at around 13:1, so it's really about each individual car, and environment.
Exactly I made the most power at mid 13's

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
alright...

180.03 WHP and 177.09 WTQ

Ill get the actual printout posted for u soon so u can see it. definitly nice i think and i make max around 5300 rpms and it hold strong till redline

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
o and for all u who want a sound clip of DC sports i got 2 of them and about to make a thread for it

·
Premium Member
3,006 Posts
05Tib said:
alright...

180.03 WHP and 177.09 WTQ

Ill get the actual printout posted for u soon so u can see it. definitly nice i think and i make max around 5300 rpms and it hold strong till redline
Not bad at all. I made 180 WHP and 181 WTQ with the same mods plus the REAL ECU so You're right where you should be. I need to install my clutch soon so I can get to the dyno and tune with the cams in.

·
Banned
2,031 Posts
bluegtv6 said:
Mine was on a dynojet. I think 190 for those mods sounds high even if it was a dynojet. My car only made 180 WHP with those mods on a dynojet and it ran a [email protected] mph in the quarter so it's not like it's weak or anything.
Thats the thing though its a loaded dyno that all of the az guys use. So ithe numbers are high and at the same time on a dyno that probably gives lower numbers than a dynojet. Idk maybe it was just a good day to dyno. We have low humidity and that dyno has like 3 large fans blowing constantly.

One thing I think Im forgetting though is that he had a lightweight pulley and spark plugs I believe. But sitll 10 more whp?

Have you ran since you had the crowers btw?

·
Premium Member
3,006 Posts
lostdestiny14 said:
Thats the thing though its a loaded dyno that all of the az guys use. So ithe numbers are high and at the same time on a dyno that probably gives lower numbers than a dynojet. Idk maybe it was just a good day to dyno. We have low humidity and that dyno has like 3 large fans blowing constantly.

One thing I think Im forgetting though is that he had a lightweight pulley and spark plugs I believe. But sitll 10 more whp?

Have you ran since you had the crowers btw?
No I've been pretty easy on the car since the Crowers because I'm still running my stock clutch. It still grabs hard, but I don't want to risk it. I want to get it tuned but I want to wait until my clutch/LW flywheel are in so I'll make better #'s. I have ran it hard enough to know that it is faster though. :3_yes:

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
yeah just regular dyno jet. it was pretty humid here sense it had just rained. Conditions are:

Temp: 68.20
Humidity 55%

but they dont give elevation... its in Atlanta are so w/e Atl is

·
Registered
228 Posts
Bruce Lee took his to Topspeed, his car made 181/181 with less mod than you. You should consider going to Topspeed too. I am going to topspeed after my headers installed.

I think bruce has all the mods you have except the IM. You should be making around 5 more hp than him with your mods. His powerband is strong from early rpm all the way to 8k.

where did you go to get your tuned? I need to go somewhere to get mine tuned now, just half *** it until the headers.

·
Banned
2,031 Posts
Bruce Lee took his to Topspeed, his car made 181/181 with less mod than you. You should consider going to Topspeed too. I am going to topspeed after my headers installed.

I think bruce has all the mods you have except the IM. You should be making around 5 more hp than him with your mods. His powerband is strong from early rpm all the way to 8k.

where did you go to get your tuned? I need to go somewhere to get mine tuned now, just half *** it until the headers.
Just means its a dynapack dyno or something that reads higher whp than a dynojet. Doesnt mean his car is more powerful.

If you dont have headers than I would lean the mixture out a lttle, otherwise dont just try to butt tune unless you have a wideband

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
yeah u got to take into account diffrent dyno's, diffrent cars (not every engine is exact same)..

Only thing i have to go off is my friend got his car tuned there with the Mafterburner with I/H/E and i think is was 174 whp but it died out in the powerband after 5200 or w/e is the peak spot

also does bruce have a lighter pulley or anything?

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·

1 - 20 of 33 Posts