Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
say if u bought the turbo kit and u were going to get the exhaust custom done at a shop...

would u put the 3 inch pipes on before and drive home then install kit? is it safe on engine?

would u install turbo first then drive to shop to have exhaust installed? safe on turbo/engine?

also how important would a high flow cat be?

·
Registered
4,994 Posts
it would be safe.....
a catalytic eliminates the raspy ricer sound and is great for the environment.
you can use the oem cat, but if you are going 3 inch the stock cat has 2 inch in and out...would make it restrictive.

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
it would be safe.....
a catalytic eliminates the raspy ricer sound and is great for the environment.
you can use the oem cat, but if you are going 3 inch the stock cat has 2 inch in and out...would make it restrictive.
k u got a link for high flow cat??

·
Registered
248 Posts
if you go to a shop to do a custom exhaust they should have good deals on hi-flo cats for you. thats how i got mine done when i put 3 inch pipes on... you will be fine with 3 inch pipes loud , but fine. there is nothing to worry about it damaging your engine.

·
Registered
989 Posts
3" straight through will not give you a RICE sound. Your car will sound like a stinkin muscle car! My test pipe came loose one day and my car sounded like a mustang gt!

If you dont use a CAT then make sure you do the 02 sensor sim trick - look it up in the diy section

tim

1 - 7 of 7 Posts