Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone think it would be wirth it to take a turbo froma talon and put it in my 03 gt v6 people telling me it could be wirth it wat you think

thanks

·
Banned
642 Posts
It can be done, It would be worth it if you get everything down right !!! more power is more power . I think that is a 14g maybe a 16g turbo so either way you would get gains

·
Registered
3,291 Posts
YoYo said:
Even a 16G is too small for the V6
what he said...
a 14b or whatever was stock in those would be WAY! to small..... people with 4-cylinders upgrade to 16 and 20G turbos so why would you want that tiny thing on a V6?

·
Registered
898 Posts
14b=talon/gsx turbo. Really small. Full spool by like 2500rpms. Good low end, but i think it loses its top end efficiency. I have a 16g stock on my car and i get full spool around 3kish rpms.Its still way too small though for my engine size. You get too much part throttle boost which can turn into ptob(part throttle overboost) and creates a lean condition if not driven properly. If you don't get overboost, you get compressor surge, which is also bad and will destroy the turbo. Get a bigger turbo, like a t3/t4. That would be sufficient enough. So is a 14b worth it? No. I see a 50 trim or AMS GT35R kit in my future.

·
Registered
725 Posts
DarkSouledSRT said:
14b=talon/gsx turbo. Really small. Full spool by like 2500rpms. Good low end, but i think it loses its top end efficiency. I have a 16g stock on my car and i get full spool around 3kish rpms.Its still way too small though for my engine size. You get too much part throttle boost which can turn into ptob(part throttle overboost) and creates a lean condition if not driven properly. If you don't get overboost, you get compressor surge, which is also bad and will destroy the turbo. Get a bigger turbo, like a t3/t4. That would be sufficient enough. So is a 14b worth it? No. I see a 50 trim or AMS GT35R kit in my future.
thats why the TSI and eclipse's with AWD are are so quick, AWD with a small turbo that spools so fast... i woudnt mind seeing what some of them will do wtih a supercharger

·
Registered
4,295 Posts
ddemlong said:
i woudnt mind seeing what some of them will do wtih a supercharger
probably nothing they could surpase with a turbo. You dont se sheperd building a 7secs sc talon AWD. And he IS the 2.0L god

·
Registered
4,295 Posts
ddemlong said:
i was just thinking about the instant response from the s/c combined with awd
thoereticly, they'd probably brake alot of axels as dsm suffer from that already. But i'd bet, if they find how to put the power down without spinning, they'd get a really low 60ft. REAl low. Problem would be the tranny setup

K

·
0 Posts
tsi's and gsx's come with 16G turbos stock....they are WAY to small, i wouldnt even think about putting one on a V6 unless your going twin turbo with 2 16g's, that would be the only reason to make it worth it. Other then that look into a t3/t4 or something.....masterpower makes real good turbos for cheap....i think they start at like $600 or something like that

·
Registered
898 Posts
kidcamaro98 said:
tsi's and gsx's come with 16G turbos stock....they are WAY to small, i wouldnt even think about putting one on a V6 unless your going twin turbo with 2 16g's, that would be the only reason to make it worth it. Other then that look into a t3/t4 or something.....masterpower makes real good turbos for cheap....i think they start at like $600 or something like that
They don't come with 16g's stock. They come with 14b's. You can do a 16g upgrade though on a tsi/gsx. Evolutions come with 16g's stock. :)

·
Registered
285 Posts
hey i had this idea before but i want to twin turbo using 2 of the stock turbos off the talon. I already have one sitting here cuz i took it off my old talon and im shopping for a bigger beast now. It's too small to run a single setup but i think it would be fun to run as a twin. You won't see massive numbers up top but it'll be a very streetable and fun car that performs like a stock twinturbo setup. I think it'll be comparable to the older TT 300ZX's.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts