Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anybody pooint me in the direction of a turbo kit for a gen 2 ( with MAF sensor)

i do like the look of
http://www.kdmstuff.com/shop/step1.php?number=595

I am aware that its for a gen 3, but im told that the engine in a gen 2 and gen 3 and very similar being 2.0 beta engines, so everything other the the ECU should fit? is that right?

leaving the ecu being the only problem?

anybody got any other ideas or comments, they would be much appreciated.

·
Premium Member
2,881 Posts
from what i remember the Beta I and Beta II only have different exhaust manifolds but i im not completely sure, if you purchased a kit you would have to modify it to fit your car, probably need a different turbo manifold and different piping, i think it would be easier if you custom built your turbo setup.

·
Registered
8,088 Posts
Everything on the exhaust side is the same between Beta 1 and 2 engines. The main difference is the space between the block and radiator. Most of the kit should work, but you will need custom charge piping and fuel tuning.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thats what i thought, the manifolds iv looked at seem to be the same, although there will need to be some custom fitting to things such as piping, everything should fit with modification.

The only problem i see is the ECU. Anybody have any recommendations? as the kit im looking at supply's a kit but is designed for a 2002+ which im told wont work in my gen 2

·
Registered
418 Posts
The Jattus turbo kit should fit it no problem, including the fuel controller and dual fuel rail system...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts