Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,869 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been doing on and on about wacking a turbo on my Tibby, i have been asking around and for a BoltOn its around £2000 and Fully conversion £5000 what is the difference? does this just mean if i get a boltOn it will **** up my engine (pistons etc)? or does it just mean Fully will give me more HP?

·
Registered
2,872 Posts
no a bolt on kit is one that you pull out of a box and bolt it up, but at the same time the Alpine kit is a full kit, it offers everything you need to run the turbo and not kill your engine. There are some minor things that need to be done to your engine like the decompression plate but other then that its simple bolt on.

·
Registered
2,869 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ah ok dude! i fink i understand... is this hard to fit?

·
Registered
2,869 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Really!? I was thinking that! so i would have more power from getting a V6?! then i would BOOSTING my 1.6?

·
Registered
2,869 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Why the 2.0? aint the V6 soooooooo much better? and quicker?!

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
n.a the v6 is faster... but i4 is better for turbo jus because of the cast iron block... the v6 have a aluminum block.

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
one of the guys here in edmonton has the alpine kit, installed it himself. came out to one of the meets we had this year and it sounded pretty sweet. didnt get a chance to hit the drag strip tho. I had to move into my new place that day so everyone crapped out.

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
sweet, i'm going to be putting a new exhaust on and figured go all out, anyone know where you can order one from? ( looked a shark racing..........then almost shot myself in the head for being so stupid)

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
Hey, I don't get it... Does having an aluminium block handicap the Turbo instalation ?

·
Registered
71 Posts
Well... I've found stage 1 2 and 3 at sharkracing.com. I heard rumors about the site being closed and not to put my info on there but I personally contacted the company and they assured me they are still open.

I really don't know that I agree about the V6 being faster. I have put my "stock" 98 up against one and they had no chance. The I4 2.0 is a great motor as long as you keep an eye on maintenance.

Check out arkspeedracing.com for full catback dual exhaust for both v6 and I4 applications. I'm looking at getting the dual for my 4cyl. good luck and enjoy.
Later!
DanDanTiburonMan

1 - 14 of 14 Posts