Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey i'm trying to decide which to get? i'm deployed right now so some of the sites aren't coming up (thankfully THIS ONE DOES!!! YES!!!!) but anyways i wanted to hear you guy's inputs on which would be better? hopefully you could give me some facts too... i.e: prices for each, HP gain, and safety and reliability of each... i used to have a DSM turbo so i know kind-of what to expect with a turbo but i don't know prices for kits or some other things that you guys would know better than i would....

oh yeah and it's for a V6, 04 gt..... thanks a lot guys

·
Registered
514 Posts
Turbo is alot of money but worth it in most cases. SC is mostely bolt up and play (depending on the stage) The turbo is alot more work to hook up ...they both have their ups and downs....superchargers sound like a child winding up to cry and a turbo sounds like someone is sucking up nothing thru a straw...SC FTW IMO!

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Turbo is alot of money but worth it in most cases. SC is mostely bolt up and play (depending on the stage) The turbo is alot more work to hook up ...they both have their ups and downs....superchargers sound like a child winding up to cry and a turbo sounds like someone is sucking up nothing thru a straw...SC FTW IMO!
1+........

·
Registered
2,265 Posts
im interested in this too as i have big plans for my car but its my daily driver. I was lookin into the sniper and stealth kit, the sniper seems good as a daily driver but how is the stealth or any other turbo kit that are out or may come out in the future. Basically could i drive my car daily with a turbo?

·
Registered
607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yeah i know the main differences like that... i was looking into superchargers, but then i started to remember the good times with my turbo DSM..... lol but i was thinking either turbo or the Alpine stage 2 probably... i don't care too much about the work to hook it up, that's nothing but i know i'd be tempted to turn up the boost and i don't want to blow my motor... is a S/C more safe? and what would be the power gains for each at a normal PSI for the turbo, vs a stage 2 S/C?

oh and what does FTW IMO mean exactly?

·
Registered
355 Posts
No offence to AF TIB but MODS please lets make a really good thred or pull info from other threds and make this into a sticky. This thred comes up every 2 weeks and nothings been done thus far. AF Tib, its kewl that uve recently joined our site and im sure ure really eager to get chatting about ur tibby, but you would get alot of info if you used the search bar and typed in a few key words. It works great and their are many threds full of info about this topic. good luck. And im also supprise that you havent gotten flamed for not using it or had some one minded guy tell you what you should get in his opinion. If u continue have trouble then get ahold of me and Ill hook u up with all the kits that are availble's info.

·
Registered
607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
No offence to AF TIB but MODS please lets make a really good thred or pull info from other threds and make this into a sticky. This thred comes up every 2 weeks and nothings been done thus far. AF Tib, its kewl that uve recently joined our site and im sure ure really eager to get chatting about ur tibby, but you would get alot of info if you used the search bar and typed in a few key words. It works great and their are many threds full of info about this topic. good luck. And im also supprise that you havent gotten flamed for not using it or had some one minded guy tell you what you should get in his opinion. If u continue have trouble then get ahold of me and Ill hook u up with all the kits that are availble's info.
no offence taken at all... the thing is that i'm not somewhere right now where i can spend a lot of time on a computer... it's basically check email and get off cause there are only so many computers to use out here in the middle-east and the whole base uses them to surf the net... they normally give us 15-20 minute time limits so i don't have that much time to search around a bunch of threads to find all this info.... i'm just looking for some info about them so i can install ONE of them when i get back from my deployment, because like i said time is limited and there's not many sites that i can even go to out here cause they're all blocked...

if you could hook me up with that info it'd be great... that's the whole reason i made this thread

·
Registered
514 Posts
Check the Ultimate Supercharger Thread in the FI V6 section. nxtgenmotorsports.com does their own Tubo kit for the v6 and superchargers. Boostology also sells the RIPP kit (supercharger).

·
Registered
607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
plus i just wanted to know, from people who have either of them done, if they've had good or bad experiences with them and if they'd recommend others using them or if it's too much of a hassle to deal with

·
Registered
607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Check the Ultimate Supercharger Thread in the FI V6 section. nxtgenmotorsports.com does their own Tubo kit for the v6 and superchargers. Boostology also sells the RIPP kit (supercharger).
i tried to go to those sites but it won't let me.. what are the prices for the turbo kit? i know prices for S/C already

·
How do you change this?
1,883 Posts
No need to, an inch and a half away from the make new thread button is this thread that is sticky already....

But no one seaches here.....

http://www.newtiburon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=88511

·
How do you change this?
1,883 Posts
i tried to go to those sites but it won't let me.. what are the prices for the turbo kit? i know prices for S/C already
the turbo is 3500 roughly.........that search button will answer all your questions man, that isnt the first time someone asked that question........today

·
Registered
2,265 Posts
no offence taken at all... the thing is that i'm not somewhere right now where i can spend a lot of time on a computer... it's basically check email and get off cause there are only so many computers to use out here in the middle-east and the whole base uses them to surf the net... they normally give us 15-20 minute time limits so i don't have that much time to search around a bunch of threads to find all this info.... i'm just looking for some info about them so i can install ONE of them when i get back from my deployment, because like i said time is limited and there's not many sites that i can even go to out here cause they're all blocked...

if you could hook me up with that info it'd be great... that's the whole reason i made this thread
ya the NGM section has a lot of nice info and i saw a pic of the turbo kit and sat their for 10 minutes and just stared at it and wondered where im gunna get the money. O also thanx for serving our country, it might seem kinda corny but every person in the miltary i see or talk to i say thanx so thanx again and come back safe.

·
Registered
607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

·
How do you change this?
1,883 Posts
hey do you know if for the RIPP mods stage 2 in that thread, if you need to upgrade your internals? pistons rods rings, etc all that good stuff? or can it be run on a stock bottom end/
anything over 300whp and you should build your bottem end.....

No matter what your running that is a good rule to live by.

Could you get away with it...prolly

would it last...prolly not

·
Registered
607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
anything over 300whp and you should build your bottem end.....

No matter what your running that is a good rule to live by.

Could you get away with it...prolly

would it last...prolly not
cool thanks... any reccomendations for brands to build up my botom end with? is there a place you'd reccomend with kits or will i have to get everything separate?

·
How do you change this?
1,883 Posts
cool thanks... any reccomendations for brands to build up my botom end with? is there a place you'd reccomend with kits or will i have to get everything separate?
Boostology and he is our resident Ripp expert and salesman

NGM also builds engines and TC (the owner) is a very well trusted guy around here. He will also answer any questions you may have and is currently having a huge sale going on. His screen name is nextgen03gt

It lists both guys as the "experts" in my thread. They not only know the product but own and work for the actual company......

·
Registered
607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Boostology and he is our resident Ripp expert and salesman

NGM also builds engines and TC (the owner) is a very well trusted guy around here. He will also answer any questions you may have and is currently having a huge sale going on. His screen name is nextgen03gt

It lists both guys as the "experts" in my thread. They not only know the product but own and work for the actual company......
thanks man i'll for sure be looking into that so when i get back, i can rock it out!!!

·
Registered
4,295 Posts
turbo FTW!

only way to go

1 - 20 of 29 Posts