Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I was just wondering. What kind of turbo is the right size to put on a tib? I thought if you go too big or too small its inefficient, I dont know if that is correct. Something good for over 300-400hp. I dont know a lot about f/i, so if I sound like a noob, please go easy on me. thanks.

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
I would say....hmmm.... Every Garrett from GT28 to GT30 are nicely working. Why wouldn't you buy a supercharger, since you've got a V6 ?

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
JYL_SouthKorea said:
I would say....hmmm.... Every Garrett from GT28 to GT30 are nicely working. Why wouldn't you buy a supercharger, since you've got a V6 ?
I love turbos. I drive my buddies s13 here and there. I wanna bust a nut everytime I drive it. everyone is going s/c. i was thinking bout bein a little bit different. also with the s/c you get a lot of lower end power from what Ive read, but when im at the track im in the high end anyway. all those s/c mustang just sit there and roast their tires. Id be getting high end rpm power, I wont be burning out off the line and the car stays at high rpms n e ways at full throttle. Thats my reasoning, plus I have a shop in the area that knows their s*** when it comes to turbos. my friend owns it and says go turbo.

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
Honestly man thats a lot harder question then it sounds. It depends what kind of setup your going for. Most aftermarket turbos will handle over 400 HP (im guessing thats probably around 18 PSI on a V6 tib). If your really serious about going turbo go buy maximum boost by Corky Bell and read that. Im going to warn you now though its a LOT of work to get a turbo up and running on a V6 tib.

·
Registered
418 Posts
You also need to consider the AR ratio. A higher AR on a smaller turbo can yield the same power as a smaller AR on a larger turbo. Depends on where you want your turbo to spool up e.g. quick spooling but lower power in the higher RPM's, or slow spooling but more power in the higher RPM's, and this is on the same turbo just different AR. GT28 would be a good turbo for what you are talking about, with an average size AR, only downside is they are kind of expensive (around 1100 bucks)

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
and BTW, Turbos are much more difficult to install. We are all S/Cer in NT.com cuz we're all bunch of lazy people. lol

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
go EBAY111

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ill go through the hassle for it. I like S/C, but turbo is #1 on my list. i want high RPM power, as in above 3 grand. when I drive like a normal person, the needle hits 2500rpm when it goes from 1st to 2nd (its an auto). Also, gas is a B**** in general and expensive. id rather have boost above 3000 only for when I drive the way Im inclined to, haha. I have a shop to do it, they know what theyre doing and theyre friends of mine. I'm just looking for suggestions/advice/support of members here to help me get started. I still have to go to the shop, and theyre gonna see what needs to be done. my car is completely stock right now and i dont know where to go after intake and exhaust. :3_frusty:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts