Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 20 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
why would i tease someone with parts i just have.
that's pics so far

currently the problem is that some sucker sold me a 1.5mm rpw bent head gasket , to the last moment i didn't see that.
i don't want to put the head back on with it. ordered a 2mm stainless steel gasket and second stock gasket for putting them in. 8.2:1 is the goal
i'm waiting for the gaskets to arrive. and then we'll carry on to making the downpipe
also the meth kit and vacuum lines should arrive soon to be installed.

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Falcon, didn't mean to insult you, i just don't understand that part, when someone writes the "teaser" and shows only an icebox or only a sign on the turbo :)

·
Registered
2,872 Posts
Looks good but the wait for parts would be killing me, especially having the motor apart...Good luck and keep us posted

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
Good luck and happy modding !

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
thanks, guys, tomorrow i hope i'll have new photos, nicer, more colorful and closer to finish. i ordered the downpipe flanges, 3 of them similar to that on dumppipe, each 3 bolt.we threw the head on , for now without bolts and gaskets,just not to waste time and get on with the work. i'm pretty sure meth will arrive soon , i'm more disappointed with all those inresponsible people in my country.
for tuning i'm gonna use:
prs2 with 3bar gm map sensor. (440wrx inj's shown)
megan racing egt gauge
innovate lc-1 wideband.
pity that no dyno and no people that know more than i and have any experience, around, but i hope i can manage it

waiting is very unpleasant , but i have a daily -driven car and we still have some work left, some general and some misc. to-do things.

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Falcon, thanks, it's very pleasant to hear :) i must confess i kinda stole the idea to paint the compressor part from your thread,but i'm going with polished/ blue theme underhood :) the color is "laguna metallic " from Novol :)

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
chris , we used a prime for aluminium , a quality autopaint and autoclearcoat, not some cheap sprays or something. those kinds of work costs ten times cheaper in ukraine

Falcon, i'm not superb in english typing, so don't please start some sarcastic notes if you didn't understand the idea i was talking about. i said i wasn't going to paint the turbo before i saw your thread . i liked it so we did it too, but in the color i like more.

chiribuki, thanks bro, my ideal and goal was your setup , i used your pics and some ideas (bumper for example) to show the mechanics what to do , but tried not to copy all of it, but develop those ideas in something that i like more. anyways, thanks for your advices and support :)

Downpipe v1.0

it's ugly and heavyweight, but i have limited choice of materials, so that's the best we could make. there are 3 bungs , 1 at the turbo outlet, two in the middle for secondary o2 with defoulers and wideband .
the 2.5 mm ss spacer should arrive on monday and the second package i still await. ******* post.

·
Registered
483 Posts
apkraven said:
ç

ç
chiribuki, thanks bro, my ideal and goal was your setup , i used your pics and some ideas (bumper for example) to show the mechanics what to do , but tried not to copy all of it, but develop those ideas in something that i like more. anyways, thanks for your advices and support :)
QUOTE]

You know all you need of me you can have it, you only say me what do you need and I'll help you.

If you need pics or other things please let me know.

Bye friend

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
no problem, my european friend :) thanks, i don't need much help by now, everything looks rather clear, as you can see on pics, we decided to leave two vertical bars of bumper to keep the integrity and strength of the construction intact. i'd like to know what pinout do our coupe's have , are the colors of wires as on tiburon? do you have the pinout for 2003 coupe? it would be very nice to have!

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
How many horsepower are you aiming ?

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
no more than 230-240whp. about 15psi boost i think

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
the turbo is .60 (i'm not 100% confident on this), ceramic blades(not nylon-composite as the newer rb20s were), ball bearings, it should stay in the effective range more. it's been ported too.

1 - 20 of 79 Posts