Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
648 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, since no one has yet to buy it from me. i guess i'll turbo it. what kits out there will take me to at least 230whp? i've searched plenty and have researched all the kits. the only thing i have not read are the actual whp numbers they produce out the box. so i'm asking anyone with experience on a base kit. Which one will get me where i need to go and still have alot to give?

 

·
Registered
Joined
·
648 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
its an accent. but doesnt the motor look familiar? its a 2.0L out of a tib

i'm glad you think it looks stock. that means i did a clean job
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
226 Posts
Thats a very clean job - nicely done bet that took a while...but thats one heck of a sleeper a 2.0l in an accent thats got some nice power to weight ratio
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,055 Posts
Glavius said:
Thats a very clean job - nicely done bet that took a while...but thats one heck of a sleeper a 2.0l in an accent thats got some nice power to weight ratio
Not near as much as you think...

A buddy of mine i work with has done the same swap, the tib motor into his accent. He also has i/h/e. I raced him a while back and i only had a cai. It was a pretty close race. I think i beat him by maybe a yard or two. We went 3 times and i beat him narrowly each time...
I say turbo it. Now darn you!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
648 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
AudioTib said:
Not near as much as you think...

A buddy of mine i work with has done the same swap, the tib motor into his accent. He also has i/h/e. I raced him a while back and i only had a cai. It was a pretty close race. I think i beat him by maybe a yard or two. We went 3 times and i beat him narrowly each time...
I say turbo it. Now darn you!!!
i dont believe u beat him if u only had a cai on ur v6 tib. unless his clutch was slipping alot. this runs a 15.2 as it sits.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,055 Posts
Swear to god! It was probably the closest race ive ever had in my tib. Mostly the only guys who want to race me are either in tcs or in civics. Either way very lame races : /

Hey what happened to the old motor? I see some burn marks on your hood
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
425 Posts
Depends on what you want to do in the long run..
mine (swapped X3) runs low 14's all day long,might get it in the high 13's if traction is good (no slicks)

i'm going turbo anyway,but some simple mods can really wake up the little swapped accent ;-)
for the turbo kit, you'll have to go custom,unless you want to scrap a brand new intercooler piping kit ;-)

here's food for your brain

 

·
Registered
Joined
·
434 Posts
denisst99 said:
Depends on what you want to do in the long run..
mine (swapped X3) runs low 14's all day long,might get it in the high 13's if traction is good (no slicks)

i'm going turbo anyway,but some simple mods can really wake up the little swapped accent ;-)
for the turbo kit, you'll have to go custom,unless you want to scrap a brand new intercooler piping kit ;-)

here's food for your brain

Denisst99 - Your engine bay looks real clean sweet. I like the colour of your engine cover esp. Is it spray or paint? Where can I purchase this high temperature spray/paint? I only get to see black or red high temp spray here in Singapore. I am searching for Samco blue high temp spray and some clear laquer to give that nice engine bay look too.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,614 Posts
i'd say don't lacquer, i clearcoated the engine's cover and now it gets sticky when the motor gets hot.. :(
 

·
Former Staff
Joined
·
3,336 Posts
A guy here in Houston swapped a Tibby 2L into an Accent.

I'd agree with everyone else, turbo it out the yin-yang. Honestly, that's what I want to do for my next project car: Cheap Accent, 2.0L Tib Engine, Hi-boost Turbo. Then sit back and giggle like a school girl.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
648 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
so since you say you are "going" turbo. i guess the fmic is there for looks. thats a cai, headers from obx looks like, and the airram IM... looks good.

i'm even thinking about selling the tib and making this alot nicer....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
425 Posts
red paint on the valve cover is from VHT, bright red but i think duplicolor has something similar

so since you say you are "going" turbo. i guess the fmic is there for looks. thats a cai, headers from obx looks like, and the airram IM... looks good.
yup, i'm process of getting it turboed...
FMIC is there for the simple fact that once i had the bumper and intercooler final fitted and bolted down it kinda felt lazy (hey it was another late sunday night) and left it there
header is one of the few key-motorsport CAI is custom (ever tried to get a CA Ifor a swapped accent WITCH an air-ram?
;-)

much of the stuff on this car is on it for a reason, but looks isn't the big priority ;-)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,976 Posts
Garrett GT3071 would be a decent choice for a 2.0.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,614 Posts
gt28r ftw :) rs too
 
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Top