Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was talking with a few friends who have there cars turboed an eclipse gsx and eagle talon, both know how to install them. what im wondering is...I dont care big turbo or small turbo what is the ideal CHEAP turbocharger to buy for an '03 gt v6 auto, we have the tools needed for the install I just need the actual turbo and intercooler any info would be great!

Can we just pull one off a cheap *** car, like a talon or some **** and modify it somehow?

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
I was talking with a few friends who have there cars turboed an eclipse gsx and eagle talon, both know how to install them. what im wondering is...I dont care big turbo or small turbo what is the ideal CHEAP turbocharger to buy for an '03 gt v6 auto, we have the tools needed for the install I just need the actual turbo and intercooler any info would be great!

Can we just pull one off a cheap *** car, like a talon or some **** and modify it somehow?
First off the last thing you want to do when going F/I is go the cheap route secound go here

http://www.newtiburon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=87013

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
can i get a link to the ngm stealth, i guess ill finance it lol, its just easy bolt on after battery relocation?

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
can i get a link to the ngm stealth, i guess ill finance it lol, its just easy bolt on after battery relocation?
Yeah, it's pretty simple. The battery relocation takes no more than an hour. For information on the NGM Stealth kit you'll just have to search the forums until the site is up. Which is VERY VERY close to being launched.

·
Registered
914 Posts
Cheap forced induction has bad written all over it. If you cheap out you'll be paying much more in the long run, trust me.

"Do it right, do it light..."

·
Registered
898 Posts
cant just throw any turbo on and call it a day. You have to figure out compressor efficiency, spool up time for your displacement,etc.

·
How do you change this?
1,883 Posts
3500 roughly

·
Registered
4,295 Posts
^

* cough...

·
Registered
355 Posts
Just to give u an idea... Before when I had just gotten a Tib there was a car on the dyno at the shop a mile a way from my house. It was sitting there because the cheap turbo blew. And you know what... the crap that blew out of it went in his motor and scratched up the walls/face of the piston. The Tib didnt even get on the street before it blew... So yeah get that cheap turbo! But in all seriousness I know what its like to not have money at the time for something u want so badly. Going with cheap parts that might save u a few hundred isnt really worth it in the long run. Have u totaly ruled out nitrous? Because, if done right there is nothing better then the cost to HP ratio out there. Im not tring to steer you away but please just rethink where ur money is going.

·
Banned
2,031 Posts
lol the price of the ngm anyone know?
It would be easier actually if you got a sniper (roots s/c) in terms of install, maintaince, what you need. Its also priced a 2500 right now with the NGM sale. So u can add on the icebox, then up the boost and all. TC made it to be a bolt on mod. Also since you have a auto its nice getting that torque right off the bat. Heres sale info:

http://www.ngmhouseofpower.com/forum/showthread.php?t=184

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I wish I could finance it somehow but I only recently established credit and I got 3 car payments on tiem of credit so far, is there any way I can finance something like this, minus the parents cosigning?

·
Banned
2,031 Posts
Yeah our engines and tranny can hold that kind of power, but you never know if something can go wrong. You cant really hide a s/c or turbo too well unless your moved out lol

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
Cheap forced induction has bad written all over it. If you cheap out you'll be paying much more in the long run, trust me.

"Do it right, do it light..."
HE'S ALIVE!, HE'S ALIIIIIIIIIIIIVE!.LOL
WHERE U BEEN MANG?

I'D GO W/ITH NGM. QUALITY AND IT BE CHEAPRE IN THE LONG TERM. I met a TIb that is turboed Tib and hes had a lot of problem with his. I've only heard from him once in the span of like 7 months. EEK! DO it RIGHT! Don't do any short cut.

:3_zoefzoe

·
Registered
2,218 Posts
^

* cough...
Hello,

You always have a remark about the price of my Stealth turbo kit, but I have 5 kits out there that were installed either by me or the customer in his driveway, and guess what, they all run beautiful. From what I remember correctly, you have had nothing but problems from the start with your custom set up and last I heard your 300+whp Tib got spanked by a Mazda III with a prototype kit that me and Rueben have been working on with 6lbs of boost. That car made 240whp on the dyno. How is that possible? If PR guys can put a kit together for 2 grand like you always claim and they run so well, than you need to bring it to market, otherwise I would see a docter about that cough, you might have too much NGM/Blue Wraith Mazda III exhaust stuck in your throat.

Thanks T.C.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts