Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought alpine type s front speaker for an 05 Abd it came with new tweaters that are to big for the stock holder can I a buy bigger holders or b just cut them and bondo or something thank you rogers canceled all are services when they hooked up the people upstairs so I don't want to search on my phone thanks for any advise

·
I
1,319 Posts
I would mount them somewhere else and just not run power to the stock tweeter location. the best location for a tweeter is approx. 2-3 inches above the woofer.

·
I
1,319 Posts
So this then means cutting a hole in the door pannel correct or is there another way around this
It all depends on the speaker. I know JL always send surface mount kits so that you just have to drill a small hole for the wire, and the tweeter would mount on the outside of the door. However, I don't know the speaker and I don't know the interior of Tiburon door panels that well.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just bought alpine type s front speaker for an 05 Abd it came with new tweaters that are to big for the stock holder can I a buy bigger holders or b just cut them and bondo or something thank you rogers canceled all are services when they hooked up the people upstairs so I don't want to search on my phone thanks for any advise

I've modified my dash defrost vents with some bondo work to house 1" JL Audio ZR Tweeters.
Sound great reflecting off of windshield.
Trimmed the louvers out and used the supplied flush mount & filled the rest with the bondo.

U can buy replacement (OEM) vents through this link :

hyundai parts online.com

there about $7 a piece.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I've modified my dash defrost vents with some bondo work to house 1" JL Audio ZR Tweeters.
Sound great reflecting off of windshield.
Trimmed the louvers out and used the supplied flush mount & filled the rest with the bondo.

U can buy replacement (OEM) vents through this link :

hyundai parts online.com

there about $7 a piece.
Any way u could post a pic of these?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts