Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,837 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Back ground first: I have Alpine Type-R tweeter's from my 6.5 comp! I have a audio shop seeing if they can modify the stock pod to fit the big @$$ Alpine tweets and not look completely hideous! He said that it is possible, but most likely is not going to look right. He is going to mess with them over the next few days, but if he can't come up with something he wants to stick his name too, he won't do it. He said if that happens, he would recommend getting a set of Cadence Tweets ($50 installed) that would fit the stock tweeter location without much modifing, look exactly like factory. They would be titanium dome, so they would be really crisp, where as the Alpines are soft doom and wouldn't be as crisp. Also, if we go the way of stock tweet look alike, we are going to make a door kick panel that will house the 6.5, a 3.5" or 4", and the Alpine Tweet!
Now the Questions: Are the Cadence tweets any good, he swears by them and says they have been good just not much media to them. I would rather have Alpines, but Alpine does not offer tweets seperately. What other brand(s), and model #'s if have, would you Audio Guru's suggest. I really have never had to buy tweeters seperate, but looks like I might end up having too. TIA! L8R
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,685 Posts
There's a good DIY for modifying the stock pods for aftermarket tweeters,,,,,,I'm gonna put my diamonds in there. Personally haven't heard of cadence,,,,but then again I haven't heard of Diamond before hearing about them here ! so they may be just as good,,,I sure know these diamonds are.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
673 Posts
kartunez said:
Back ground first: I have Alpine Type-R tweeter's from my 6.5 comp! I have a audio shop seeing if they can modify the stock pod to fit the big @$$ Alpine tweets and not look completely hideous! He said that it is possible, but most likely is not going to look right. He is going to mess with them over the next few days, but if he can't come up with something he wants to stick his name too, he won't do it. He said if that happens, he would recommend getting a set of Cadence Tweets ($50 installed) that would fit the stock tweeter location without much modifing, look exactly like factory. They would be titanium dome, so they would be really crisp, where as the Alpines are soft doom and wouldn't be as crisp. Also, if we go the way of stock tweet look alike, we are going to make a door kick panel that will house the 6.5, a 3.5" or 4", and the Alpine Tweet!
Now the Questions: Are the Cadence tweets any good, he swears by them and says they have been good just not much media to them. I would rather have Alpines, but Alpine does not offer tweets seperately. What other brand(s), and model #'s if have, would you Audio Guru's suggest. I really have never had to buy tweeters seperate, but looks like I might end up having too. TIA! L8R
Cadence is not a bad brand.
but titanium dome...if you like to hear that overly sharp sound that is fine, but for me i like a set of silk dome tweets beacuse of the smoothness. honestly if I were you i would look into a set of tweeters that are either polypropline(yes i know i can't spell) or on the high end a set of true silk domes. they will be cleaner and smoother and most people dont want to be able to pinpoint their tweets.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,837 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ViolentB said:
There's a good DIY for modifying the stock pods for aftermarket tweeters,,,,,,I'm gonna put my diamonds in there. Personally haven't heard of cadence,,,,but then again I haven't heard of Diamond before hearing about them here ! so they may be just as good,,,I sure know these diamonds are.
These tweeters are way to big for the DIY, I already tried with another set of pods!

I know that the Titanium is going to be overly sharp and crisp, but I am trying to find out of a brand that is as good or better than the Alpines, and will fit in the stock location! If we do the Alpines, we are going to make them a drop in, so it will not look 100% factory! Keep them coming guys & gals. L8R
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
533 Posts
How big are the tweets? I fit 1 inch MB Quart tweets in my stock pods.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,837 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
They are around 1 1/4 or so, they are massive! I have a them up at the shop right now, so I can't get an exact measurement!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,122 Posts
I haven't had a lot of experience with Cadence. I think they're a relatively new company, but they're already coming up as a quality brand from what I hear. They're supposed to be pretty good. But if you're going to go with their tweeters, you may as well go with their door and rear speakers as well. Ensure voice match and all that business. I always suggest sticking with the same brand speakers all the way around. Makes things much easier. Make sure you get him to let you listen to them before you agree to put them in your car though. You may not like the sound of the titanium. If you're looking for new brands to put in, I would say go with JL Audio (my personal favorite, especially for subs and amps), Focal, and Boston Acoustics...all really good brands.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,837 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Well considering I have a JL 1000/1 pushing two 10W7's and 450/4 that is going to be pushing the Alpine Type-R 6.5 comp and 6x9 two ways that are already installed, I would agree with JL.; just love the stuff! Focal is awesome (some of the best on the market, don't care who thinks otherwise), but are way too expensive for me, and Boston is overpriced; had them, blew them, wasn't impressed! I was thinking of Diamond tweets, but I can not find a retailer around my area, so I can not listen to them and see if I like them! Cadence has been around for over 15 years or so, they started out in India, and the installer has built several comp cars with them and crossfire and has broken world records as well. I did already listen to them, and they are crisp, which I don't mind. Our thoughs are if we go with Cadence or whatever up high to fit like factory, we will still run the Type-R in a door kick panel along with a 3.5 or 4 as a full range mid, and make the 6.5 a woofer, and just supress the Cadence tweet a little. That should help clean up the sound and my 450/4 will have not trouble powering that setup! I just can not decide if I want to go that far with a daily driver that is parked in the driveway every night! L8R
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12 Posts
kartunez said:
Well considering I have a JL 1000/1 pushing two 10W7's and 450/4 that is going to be pushing the Alpine Type-R 6.5 comp and 6x9 two ways that are already installed, I would agree with JL.; just love the stuff! Focal is awesome (some of the best on the market, don't care who thinks otherwise), but are way too expensive for me, and Boston is overpriced; had them, blew them, wasn't impressed! I was thinking of Diamond tweets, but I can not find a retailer around my area, so I can not listen to them and see if I like them! Cadence has been around for over 15 years or so, they started out in India, and the installer has built several comp cars with them and crossfire and has broken world records as well. I did already listen to them, and they are crisp, which I don't mind. Our thoughs are if we go with Cadence or whatever up high to fit like factory, we will still run the Type-R in a door kick panel along with a 3.5 or 4 as a full range mid, and make the 6.5 a woofer, and just supress the Cadence tweet a little. That should help clean up the sound and my 450/4 will have not trouble powering that setup! I just can not decide if I want to go that far with a daily driver that is parked in the driveway every night! L8R
my sound shop modified the existing pods and i have the same tweeters as you they fit tight and look really clean with the doors open or closed i will see about taking some pics and posting them sometime tomorrow.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,837 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
honormemory said:
my sound shop modified the existing pods and i have the same tweeters as you they fit tight and look really clean with the doors open or closed i will see about taking some pics and posting them sometime tomorrow.
That would help alot, thanks! Then I could forward on to him and let him look at it!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,837 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well he couldn't come up with anything he really wanted to put his name too, but we came up with one way of doing it. Just remove the stock tweeter, and cut the plastic down on the tweeter just a little and mount the tweeter in flat centered with the hole! I will post a pic of what I am talking about so I can get a better answer of if it is a good idea and if it will work right! He said it will act like a wave guide, but with the design of the pod, it acts like one already. We did at least tune the system more, and set my Time Corretion with the all mighty Alpine tape measurer! Sounds a lot better and I am still using the factory amp for the mids/highs, just have to build that amp rack so I can install the rest of the stuff. L8R
 
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Top