Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
lmao; twin turbos do not offer the i4 (or any vehicle for that matter) much of a benefit, if any. Please read Maximum Boost by Corky Bell.

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
03tibby_blue-bionca said:
how would you go about making a twin turbo outta ur car and how much would it cost i only got 10 gz at the most??!!

Yes twin turbo is a terrible idea...that is why most supras making big power are single turbos!

·
Registered
558 Posts
single t88 =]

·
Banned
173 Posts
if i had 10 gz dawg id spend it on something different than twin turbos yo you feel me....go to the ngm site and have a blast. holla back youngin...... haha

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
for 10 grand you could make a freaking nice system with the built engine , capable of a lot of hp, without trying to build twinturbo...

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
ruckus6931 said:
if i had 10 gz dawg id spend it on something different than twin turbos yo you feel me....go to the ngm site and have a blast. holla back youngin...... haha

NGM doesnt offer much for the I4

i think you'd be better off with the SFR turbo kit and just build that engine, with 10k you can easily get ATLEAST 400-500hp

·
Registered
898 Posts
Seoulful racing turbo kit or alpine kit with built motor. turn up boost and tune properly as desired. But it looks like you know nothing about forced induction, so don't do anything until you read maximum boost and get some hands on experience

·
Registered
397 Posts
Single turbo FTW. Twin is more show than anything and would only cram up the under-hood space that much more.

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
It depends on what twin-turbo you're goin'.

If it is for big-power and fast response, sequential twin-turbo is the way to go.

There's also the parallel system, but it's really useless.

But anyway..... sequential twin-turbo requires a LOT of money and time to install.

Therefore, I'd go single.

P.S: sequential twin -> big-power, faster reaction single -> can handle even more power.

·
Premium Member
3,168 Posts
Twin turbo on an I4...umm NEgative Ghost Rider....and for 10g's, which IMO is BS, but if you had that kinda cash AFTER purchasing a Hyundai, send me your car, the 10G's and I'll send you back the fastest Hyundai on this site. IF you had 10g's extra to play with, I doubt you'd be driving a Tiburon anyway.

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
we call sequential - biturbo ... twin means both turbo are equal, no?

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
Hmm... I think you're right, but in the text I read, there's a sequential system : a small turbo and a big one. But they called it sequental twin-turbo.

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
yea, sequential is where it has 2 different sized turbos and parralel has 2 of the same size, 1 for each cylinder bank

·
Registered
3,837 Posts
staw512 said:
twin is only for show..........
and for all the rest of you that are full of shyt and don't know what your talkn about

Twin Turbo Charging can make more power than a single turbo of the same output for two reasons. One is the lower rotating mass of two smaller turbos versus one large turbo, which allows the compressor to spin up to speed much more quickly. The second is the increased exhaust outlet area available for the exhaust gas to flow out of the twin turbo exhaust manifold. Increased exhaust flow will increase power in most situations. Twin Turbo Charging can make more power than a single turbo of the same output for two reasons. One is the lower rotating mass of two smaller turbos versus one large turbo, which allows the compressor to spin up to speed much more quickly. The second is the increased exhaust outlet area available for the exhaust gas to flow out of the twin turbo exhaust manifold. Increased exhaust flow will increase power in most situations.

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
is everything double in my eyes? twinmessage?
CarRyannE, you speak reasonable things but i'd assume one gt28r for let's say a thousand would flow more and better than 2 generic td04s for 500 each and adding a lot of pipeing , taking a lot of space,(i didn't find any spare after installing the turbo, really). anyways, it's really not for i4 engine. no sense even if it gives a bit of increase...

·
Registered
464 Posts
what about twin turbo for the v6

1 - 20 of 47 Posts