Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4,475 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just received my classic weighted knob Friday. I've had their STS for over a year now, and it's been great. I've been looking at knobs for awhile now, and been through 3 momo knobs, but still unhappy. I looked at the TWM's several times, but thought they were a little too big. After receiving it, it's not as bulky as it looked in the pic. The size is just about right. I figured a weighted knob would have some benefit, but was skeptical about how good until I slapped it on there and tried it. It's all true. I don't feel like I'm pushing it into the gears anymore. It slides in and out of gear noticeably better. Anyway, I wanted to put a few pics of it so everyone can see the size in relationship to the tib.

·
Registered
4,475 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Karma said:
looks good except for the boot . kinda looks like an atari joystick .
Old school lol. I just prefer the "audi" boots over the leather cod sacks. I can get the knob really low, and not have a bunch of wrinkeled leather bunching up.

·
Registered
2,869 Posts
Do they make one for the 6-speed?

·
Registered
4,475 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
dctibby said:
Do they make one for the 6-speed?
Not sure. Check their site out in the sponsor section. I partially grew up in 36th St. SE DC a long time ago. It sucked then, so I can't imagine what it's like now.

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
you can get a custom leather shift boot from here just put "sts" in the notes on the order form . you can also get matching ceter consol covers . any color leather or stiching combo . the shift boot fits short shifters tight , no real sag or bunching up . i can ask bluegtv6 to post some pics up . you might like it , i know i do ( sorry i just think yours looks weird )redlinegoods

·
Registered
4,475 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Karma said:
you can get a custom leather shift boot from here just put "sts" in the notes on the order form . you can also get matching ceter consol covers . any color leather or stiching combo . the shift boot fits short shifters tight , no real sag or bunching up . i can ask bluegtv6 to post some pics up . you might like it , i know i do ( sorry i just think yours looks weird )redlinegoods
Thanks, I'd like to see the pics. I am weird, so most of my stuff looks weird. My gf looks weird, and my job is weird. Actually, my whole life's been kinda weird.

·
Registered
3,698 Posts
nice, i used to have that one, but i found it to be uncomfortable in my hand (unlike some other things, haha... dick joke was needed here).. i have the M1abrams one now and the ball shape is just more conducive to my overhanded ham-fist trucker shifting technique.. and yeah the extra weight does help the shifter just slide right in and out. (oh you know i got jokes, lol).

·
Registered
2,869 Posts
bagpiper said:
Not sure. Check their site out in the sponsor section. I partially grew up in 36th St. SE DC a long time ago. It sucked then, so I can't imagine what it's like now.
I did check, and they don't have any knobs for the 6-speed. Too bad, because I want one. As for DC, I live on Capitol Hill near Union Station in the NE, and it is great, but the SE is still tough.

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
whats up dude. I have the same setup as you! I have a twm short throw shifter, and a type r weighted shift knob. It does feel better while shifting. I have the rubber shift boot to, and it sinks just like in the pic. It makes me so mad!! i tried to set the knob as high as possible, but still sinks. Any solutions let me know! Oh and nice setup!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts