Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've had Tiburons for many years and I have had my fair share of Tuscani badges.

Recently my 03 badge's started to fade and lose color. So I replaced them. The Amazon seller I purchased them from provided two badges; one for the hood (#86320-2C700) and one for the tailgate (#86330-2C000).
However, the hood badge's pegs were too far spaced and would not insert into the prexisting holes of the hood (or tailgate for that matter). Yet the tailgate badge's pegs WERE properly spaced and fit perfectly fine on the tailgate (or hood).
Why is that? Anyone else have this issue. Attached is an image showing the backside of each Tuscani badge (Red one= hood badge with spaced pegs; notice the difference)

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
That's really weird. I've never had any problem with ones I've ordered, but I've not seen different part numbers either.

That said, I'd just cut off the posts and stick it on.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
@peachferrari this isn't the first time this has happened to me either.
couple years ago this happened but I just stored the faulty badge somewhere in the garage.

i thought about cutting them, but I worry that I won't align it correctly.
but if I have to I will, I'm waiting on the seller to reply to my messages.

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
View attachment 136926 So I've had Tiburons for many years and I have had my fair share of Tuscani badges.

Recently my 03 badge's started to fade and lose color. So I replaced them. The Amazon seller I purchased them from provided two badges; one for the hood (#86320-2C700) and one for the tailgate (#86330-2C000).
However, the hood badge's pegs were too far spaced and would not insert into the prexisting holes of the hood (or tailgate for that matter). Yet the tailgate badge's pegs WERE properly spaced and fit perfectly fine on the tailgate (or hood).
Why is that? Anyone else have this issue. Attached is an image showing the backside of each Tuscani badge (Red one= hood badge with spaced pegs; notice the difference)
part number 86320-2C700 fits 2007-2008 Tiburon. have the seller send you another one of 86330-2C000 as this is for earlier vehicles.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
part number 86320-2C700 fits 2007-2008 Tiburon. have the seller send you another one of 86330-2C000 as this is for earlier vehicles.
The seller got back with me and basically told me to bleep off and that I was the first of 5000+ orders to have a problem.

So I'll be cutting the pegs with a wire cutter instead. Hopefully I'll line up the badge good. Lol

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
nice honest seller there. unfortunately i have local places that have the same cavalier attitude.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts