Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
915 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am getting new speakers for both front and rear (alpine components) and wondering how or what to dyno mat in speaker locations? whole trunk is done with it but not sure what u actually cover in doors and behind rear 6x9s. any pics or a good explanation.
Sorry if just sounds stupid but want to do it right...

Also, got in an accident on passenger side and bought a used door to replace mine. But when i hit lock on my drivers door it dosnt lock passenger side. Also i have a viper alarm with window sensors and shock sensors. Had best buy install it so im not sure where to find it in door (assuming its in door) so i can put in new door. What can i do?

Thanks for any help
Dale

·
Registered
915 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
got any help

·
Registered
290 Posts
u can put dynamat anywhere. anywhere is better then not having any. the only thing with dynamat is make sure its layed flat and rolled onto the panel. the more dynamat the better
as far as ur alarm. go to best buy they woill ahve to re program the alarm, and put a shock sensor in the new door..

·
Registered
915 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ill contact bestbuy then. but i mean i can put dyno mat in only so many places on the inside so i didnt know what was standard. just behind the speaker area? try to put it on the near wall on the underside?want to do it right so i only have to do it once.
Thanks

·
Registered
915 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
rear are crackling so i have to... but really rather not have to pay bestbuy to redo alarm. anything i can look for to find sensor? and not to worried about weight. its a 2.0 and already drives like its towing a car behind it so a little more weight is alright for a good sounding system

·
I
1,319 Posts
You could just disconnect them. A good set of ZR components from JL in the front will make you forget you don't have rear speakers. Or if you don't want to spend that much, then you can go with the C2 components. They sound outstanding. I use them in my SQL car.

·
Registered
690 Posts
All dynamat does is reduce the resonance frequency of the panel u are putting it on..I prefer a cheaper product called z pad...or q pad...it is heavier.

·
Registered
3,698 Posts
if you dont want to mat the whole door, you just put it around the speaker hole. roll a square of it over the hole, then cut out the speaker hole. you basically want to get it around where the speaker makes contact with the metal in the door.

dynamat actually has door speaker kits that are all pre-cut. needlessly expensive though.

·
Registered
915 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i used dynomat so everyone knew what i was talking about. i use fat mat sound control. alot cheaper and worked for my trunk. so inside the whole (against outer skin of door) and around the whole on the inner panel and should be good?

·
Registered
101 Posts
rear are crackling so i have to... but really rather not have to pay bestbuy to redo alarm. anything i can look for to find sensor? and not to worried about weight. its a 2.0 and already drives like its towing a car behind it so a little more weight is alright for a good sounding system
dont even worry about rear speakers, just disconnect them or take them out

·
Registered
915 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
really need help on lock issue. cant use viper alarm to lock my car at all on either door. all its good for now is popping the trunk. what do i have to take out of old door and put in new so when i press lock on door in car it locks both doors? what i need to do to get viper to work again?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts