Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok, so i called up a shop today where alien sporez went to get his magnaflow cat at and installed, he said it was less then $100 to buy it from them and get it installed. Well i called up the guy and said" so i just installed a ssa exhaust and i have ssa headers and now i have the go kart sound, a buddy of mine has been to ur shop and he told me to give ya"ll a call, how much well it cost to buy a magnaflow cat and get it installed" he replied" $300" i was like, man on ebay its only $50, he said he charges 3 times more,

so can someone plz give me the link on ebay to the magnaflow cat and also what size is it that i need to get. someone reply fast cus i need to order it now

·
Registered
981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Kalian said:
yes that's the one. BTW they have to weld that one on.
doesnt everyone here who has a magnaflow cat have had to get theres welded on

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
yes they do.......

·
Registered
465 Posts
Do let that guy do it! he doesnt know math!

you saw it for 50... he charges 3 times. 50x3=$300? I know labor for that shouldn't be $150 too.

·
Registered
298 Posts
DeShark said:
Do let that guy do it! he doesnt know math!

you saw it for 50... he charges 3 times. 50x3=$300? I know labor for that shouldn't be $150 too.
I wouldn't doubt it I hate exhaust shops they're such a rip off! Over priced and charge way to much for simple labor!!! If you know any military guys and have a base anywhere around you. you can go to the'yre auto hobby shop and they will weld it for very cheap!!!!

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Dude,,,,that guy at the shop was probably retarded.
Mine was a whole $115-$120 if I remember correctly, for the Magnaflow cat and installation.

·
Banned
3,074 Posts
Normal labor for an easy cut out an weld in is 75.00 bucks I do them all day for that and it takes 25 min to do

·
Registered
4,064 Posts
think about this....not sure if it will matter out there also....

Here in Cali, there are NO CARB'd cats available for our cars. If its the same there, then there are no CARB'd cats for your car either and the shop COULD be fined heavily for putting on your car.

I'm trying to get a cat put on my car. One shop wont do it before the cat back exhaust(down pipe-oem location). BUT he will do it in the exhaust. Even though I have DC headers on the car. I would have to take the downpipe off the car for him to do it.

I found a shop that will do it, they want $200 installed.....so I just need to save up now.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts