Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

UltraRacing Lower Member Brace

DIY: 
9K views 26 replies 18 participants last post by  Sgtroc 
#1 · (Edited)
I had been meaning to post this for quite some time, finally got around to it. This is a DIY for the 4-point lower member brace from UltraRacing. Contact Will51 via PM for pricing and purchase information: http://www.newtiburon.com/forums/member.php?u=27653

**First of all, please note that I am not responsible for any issues that may arise during or after your time installing this.**

This is a very simple, easy install. With the right tools, it should only take you 10-25 minutes.

Tools Needed:
-14mm Deep Socket
-19mm Deep Socket
-Ratchet
-Car Jack
-Jack Stands
-Thread locker(Loctite)

Parts Needed:
-Lower Member Brace

Step 1:
Jack up the front of the car and place jack stands underneath

Step 2:
Locate the two 14mm bolts(more towards the rear) and the two 19mm nuts(more towards the front). Remove all four. The 14mm bolts aren't too difficult to unbolt, but the 19mm nuts are pretty stubborn. I would suggest using an impact wrench for these if you possess one.

Step 3:
Mount lower member brace in place. Reattach both nuts and both bolts using plenty of thread locker while doing so. I would suggest bolting it on in a crisscross pattern. The brace sits extremely tight . The holes have some leeway, but the brace is still very snug.

Step 4:
Enjoy! :3_shiny:

Overall Review:
It's a nice little upgrade, but I would recommend other suspension/chassis mods before this one. The structure is stout and well done, but that was expected of UR.

Let me know if you have any questions.

-Generalduke-

See less See more
#3 · (Edited)
Re: DIY: UltraRacing Lower Member Brace

where did you buy this?!
You'll need to get in contact with Mike at UltraRacing via email. His email address is listed at the beginning of the DIY. You can try and order it off their website, but I found no price and no option to order it or anything while I was on there.

#6 ·

I think i'm gonna have to get this over the summer.

#7 ·

I put this on a couple of months ago, luv it. Install was so easy I never thought to do a DIY lol. I have all of the mods from UltraRacing now, front lower, and upper bars, room bar and 23mm rear sway. All brought immediate improvements. My Tib is like a German girl now, nizentight! Posi rep for Mike too.

#8 ·

I thought I was finished with my Tib's suspension. Looks like I have one more upgrade to look forward to.

How much toe in are you running front and rear?

#9 ·

I thought I was finished with my Tib's suspension. Looks like I have one more upgrade to look forward to.

How much toe in are you running front and rear?
Factory spec

#13 · (Edited by Moderator)

**First of all, please note that I am not responsible for any issues that may arise during or after your time installing this.**

-Generalduke-
what type of issues are you talking about.?

#18 ·

just looked at this thread nice how to on the install . One thing my e-mail is mbarton@ultraracingusa.com
if you need any thing let me know will be glad to help
Thanks for the heads up Mike. I went ahead and edited the email.

#21 ·

heard this is only avail for 4cyl...i have a v6???? please confirm thnx
It also works on the i4. I have it on my '04 Tib.

As for its usefulness, I frankly didn't notice much of a difference. But then, this was the last suspension mod I added to my Tib. Before this, I already had: front & rear strut bars, rear sway bar, Ark DT-P coilovers.

#22 ·

Anyone else have an issue with this slightly touching their DC headers?

#24 ·

Stiffening the front of the vehicle will lean the balance towards understeer. Stiffening the rear will lean towards oversteer.

Typically, it's good to do chasis stiffening upgrades in a balanced matter.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.