Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

UltraRacing Mid Chassis Room Bar

DIY: 
6K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  snakeeyes 
#1 · (Edited)
This a fairly quick and easy DIY for the Mid Chassis Room Bar from UltraRacing. Contact Will51 via PM for pricing and purchase information: http://www.newtiburon.com/forums/member.php?u=27653

**First of all, please note that I am not responsible for any issues that may arise during or after your time installing this.**

This is a very simple install. With the right tools, it should only take you 15-30 minutes.

Tools Needed:
-14mm Socket
-Ratchet
-Thread Locker(Loctite)
-Flathead Screwdriver(Optional)

Parts Needed:
-Room Bar

Step 1:
Remove the 4 bolt covers. They should pop right off with your hands, but you can use a flathead if necessary.

Step 2:
Remove all 4 14mm bolts.

Step 3:
Place the bar inside and line up the holes. The washers and spacers can be a PITA on this part. Make sure to keep the same order you took them off, adding the room bar plate right after the seatbelt bracket. Add some thread locker to your bolts and bolt them right back on.

**Note: Make sure you don't twist the seatbelt or seatbelt bracket while you are doing this step. I got it all installed and realized my passenger seatbelt was twisted and on the wrong way. Learn from my mistake.**

Step 5:
That's it! Enjoy

Overall Review:
I actually only got this because Mike gave me a discount on it after buying the lower member brace. Well, plus I really can't do much more to my suspension/chassis, so I figured why not. To be honest, I haven't felt much of a difference since the install. I've yet to really push the car since it's been on, but I would guess it still won't have much effect. This part is a lot like the front strut bar, more for looks. The price was pretty cheap if you ask me, $165-175 shipped(without discount). Since the install, the bar was powdercoated black(looks a lot cleaner and flows much better). I'll try and get some new pics whenever I get a chance.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

-Generalduke-

See less See more
#2 ·
Re: DIY: UltraRacing Mid Chassis Room Bar

Interesting. When I installed mine I put the seat belt bracket on top of the white plates instead of under. Works.

#3 ·
Re: DIY: UltraRacing Mid Chassis Room Bar

Interesting. When I installed mine I put the seat belt bracket on top of the white plates instead of under. Works.
Yea, I'm doubtful it really matters. I just noticed the recess in the end of the bracket appeared to curve that way. Either way will work.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.