Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,847 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, well I have my new obx turbo manifold on. I also utilized a flange which elimante the interal wastegate, but still has the hole to tap from to run to my external tial wastegate. Now I ran the vacuum line from the compresser housing to the top of the wastegate, and the bottom vacuum from the bottom of the wastegate to where my boost controller is tapped (near the MAP sensor where it sucks in air from crankcase vent).... all things have been checked and double checked. Im also using a 7lb spring, and my boost just keeps climbing... it doesnt even do anything. Ive checked the spring and im able to push down on it, but for some reason the spring wont open. Can someone help me, im stumped.

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
sounds to me like your wastegate isnt seeing any pressure from the compressor housing. try removing the hose from the wastegate and having someone rev the motor for you. if there is no air comming thru that tube then u have found your problem.
That's my best guess.

·
Registered
8,088 Posts
run a line from your compressor housing directly to the wastegate. This will help you make sure your wastegate is working properly. Is it a dual or single port wastegate? What brand?

·
Registered
1,847 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
*FIXED* Lets just say this experience made me thankful my motor was built because a spike like this on my old motor destroyed it. Thank you Wesico pistons!

·
Registered
1,847 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
GTea said:
You think you would've learned to build it right by now... reroute your vacuum lines.
I did learn to build it right thats why it didnt break, the shop that installed my external wastegate didnt install a vent on the vent line which is then routed to the turbo compressor housing. Without out the vent it has no way to bleed the pressure when you route the bottom vac line to control compressor surges. With no vent it has equal pressure on both sides of the wastegate causing the spring to stay shut (remember this tial wastegate has 2 vac ports on the top and bottom). But thankfully with help with fordfaster I quickly isolated the problem and fixed it. That shop will be recieving a very nice message from myself.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts