Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive searched the site and nothings popped up regarding san antonio laws. So does anyone know if underglow car kits are legal in san antonio?

·
Banned
1,952 Posts
Just don't drive with them on.

and if you insist on driving with them on, get white, or orange, or some color that's not on emergency vehicles like blue or red.

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Yellowwasabi said:
Just don't drive with them on.

and if you insist on driving with them on, get white, or orange, or some color that's not on emergency vehicles like blue or red.
Yea....

I was helpin my buddy install some blue glows on his car and a cop pulled down his driveway and told him to not drive with that **** on or he could get arrested for impersonating an officer.

After he told us that we went to Autozone and bought a siren to mount under his hood....

He F*cks with people constantly. It's great

·
Registered
981 Posts
impersonating an officer? how the hell u do that with neon lights under the car, what a idiot, i would of been a smart a$$ and said" as soon as u leave this block, ima drive with the lights on"

·
Registered
981 Posts
the ones i use to have were SUPER bright, i mean 2 lanes on each side of my car would be lit up, but the cop let me go with a warning, got rid of them ever since

·
Registered
962 Posts
Cop pulled one of my friends over for it and said just be careful with them cuz a lot of cops will oull you over and it was like 65 or 85 bucks per bulb. Another buddy was pulled over but the cop just took off yelling turn off the g*y lights! Its really up to the different cops but it draw attention to your car which can be good or bad. The cop might not write you up for the underglow but might for going 6 over the speed limit.

·
Registered
42 Posts
my friend had them on his car,kinda a cool thing to cruise around parking lots or school but never drove with them on busy roads but like they say it depends on the cop around here they are usually cool about neons/tint/systems just tell u to get rid of it or turn it down...

·
Banned
1,952 Posts
only drive with them on if they're green, you drive a black civic, and you're trying to hijack a big truck.

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
Yellowwasabi said:
only drive with them on if they're green, you drive a black civic, and you're trying to hijack a big truck.

why in the world would you wanna call attention to yerself if yer driving a civic ? :3_redcard

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
underglows are seriously retarded. don't just avoid them because they're illegal, they're even worse than altezza or apc tails and fake hood pins. NO.

·
Registered
898 Posts
I'm pretty sure on the box it says for off road use only. I used to have them light up my interior and the cop followed me to my house and as soon as i went by, he kept slowly creeping by.

·
Registered
4,475 Posts
Anyone getting red/blue knowing it's illegal in most states, and drives with it will probably be posting somewhere a week later how some a'hole cop wrote them up. That's why they try to sell all the red/blue leds etc at auto stores. The first indicator of whether it's going to be a problem, any color, is how many do you see on the road? A few years back they were everywhere here in Florida, including the led nozzle lights. But slowly they were all ticketed and now you just don't see them on the street at all. Florida started using a traffic law prohibiting any "accessory" lights which covers about anything other than what came with the car form the factory. The impersonating a cop thing comes from only emergency vehicles are allowed to have red/blue lights. So if you have them, even if they're not on, your mostly impersonating an emergency vehicle, but "cop" sounds better on the paperwork. And ususally if you get cited for one thing like that, you get a ticket for everything that's wrong with the car, loud exhaust, illegal tint, etc. I'm not being a tool, I just don't get why anyone would want to have red/blue lights basically saying everyone look at me, and end with a ticket and having to take them off, and then probably end up complaining about it. And the siren thing, you really want to piss a cop off, thats probably a good one. If you get the blue lights, the siren, might as well get a badge, your 1/2 way there. Sounds like one of those guys that keeps getting tickets for stupid sh't and saying the cops are always picking on him.

·
Registered
494 Posts
can't comment on the states, but here in Ontario, technically they are illegal, but it's really up to the cop if he wants to hit you for em. before I crushed the piss out of mine, I used to drive with em all the time (they were blue) and I never really had an issue. But if a cop wants to be a dick, yes, you can get charged for it.

·
Registered
33 Posts
bagpiper said:
Anyone getting red/blue knowing it's illegal in most states, and drives with it will probably be posting somewhere a week later how some a'hole cop wrote them up. That's why they try to sell all the red/blue leds etc at auto stores. The first indicator of whether it's going to be a problem, any color, is how many do you see on the road? A few years back they were everywhere here in Florida, including the led nozzle lights. But slowly they were all ticketed and now you just don't see them on the street at all. Florida started using a traffic law prohibiting any "accessory" lights which covers about anything other than what came with the car form the factory. The impersonating a cop thing comes from only emergency vehicles are allowed to have red/blue lights. So if you have them, even if they're not on, your mostly impersonating an emergency vehicle, but "cop" sounds better on the paperwork. And ususally if you get cited for one thing like that, you get a ticket for everything that's wrong with the car, loud exhaust, illegal tint, etc. I'm not being a tool, I just don't get why anyone would want to have red/blue lights basically saying everyone look at me, and end with a ticket and having to take them off, and then probably end up complaining about it. And the siren thing, you really want to piss a cop off, thats probably a good one. If you get the blue lights, the siren, might as well get a badge, your 1/2 way there. Sounds like one of those guys that keeps getting tickets for stupid sh't and saying the cops are always picking on him.

Good post, although I think the reason you don't see them anymore is because people woke up and realized they're not cool.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts