Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got these on today. The install wasn't too bad thanks to my impact wrench. I was able to get all of the screws in the rotors out with it, except for one, which I had to drill out. After that, it was smooth sailing.

Got the car back down off the jacks, and I was already happy enough with the aesthetics of these gorgeous rotors. But, I promptly took it out for a test drive, and after no less than 3 miles of light driving/braking, the pads and rotors were nearly silent and operating smoothly.

The performance increase is just simply phenomenal. Braking is effortless to say the least, from practically any reasonable speed in town. I haven't gotten to take them on the highway or any "fun" roads, but I will son.

To those who are still debating on getting this fantastic brake package, debate no longer.
Front

Rear

Ignore the absolutely filthy wheels. Tomorrow is car wash day, and there has been a lot of construction around me. Chico streets f'ing suck.

·
Registered
3,879 Posts
Looks good...
The braking performance increase really isn't all that drastic unless the brakes you had before were almost shot. Now install some steel braided brake lines, and then you'll definitely see a braking increase.

·
Registered
9,504 Posts
I never noticed any braking performance increase but I do like the rotors. I had a horrible experience with my purchase but I am glad to see it appears those issues may be cleared up now. Paint your calipers (very easy) and it will look great.

What size wheels do you have? They make your rotors look tiny.

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
MrPhotoman said:
I never noticed any braking performance increase but I do like the rotors. I had a horrible experience with my purchase but I am glad to see it appears those issues may be cleared up now. Paint your calipers (very easy) and it will look great.

What size wheels do you have? They make your rotors look tiny.
Yeah, the rotors do look tiny, but I still love how they look. The rims are 18", nothing too big. I really wanted to paint my calipers, but didn't want to wait until they dried, I'm pretty impatient.

I will be painting my calipers very soon though, as soon as I get new lug nuts for my wheels; Fvck spline drive nuts.

·
Registered
222 Posts
05GT said:
Looks good...
The braking performance increase really isn't all that drastic unless the brakes you had before were almost shot. Now install some steel braided brake lines, and then you'll definitely see a braking increase.
Where can you get steel braided brake hoses and what exactly is the advantage or disadvantage? Do they require any other modifications or are they just bolt and go? Besides the bleeding and what not cause I don't want people thinking that I think you can just take em off and rep;lace and drive.

·
Sam:Moderator of the Dead
2,220 Posts
04shark04 said:
Where can you get steel braided brake hoses and what exactly is the advantage or disadvantage? Do they require any other modifications or are they just bolt and go? Besides the bleeding and what not cause I don't want people thinking that I think you can just take em off and rep;lace and drive.
PM r100s on the boards. He can get you the Rotora SS Lines. They remove the mushy feel of the stock lines, because they are rubber and under hard braking they will flex. You do have to rebleed your brakes, which is no fun...but worth it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts