Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While my ship was underway a while back, we had to park near the repair shipyard. Well, they do a lot of grinding over there and the wind carried some of the flakes over to the parking area. Well, needless to say, the flakes seem to have embedded into the clearcoat. I took a claybar to the car about two weeks ago. It got rid of most of it, but some of it seems to be really stuck.

Would having the car detailed and professionally buffed and waxed fix this?

Thanks for any help..

·
Registered
4,614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
that is one freaking awesome chevelle by the way..

and I would reccomend having the pro's doing it.. buffing can be dangerous especially if its electric...
I'll definitely be taking it in to be professionally done. I just don't wanna have to pay for a new paint job right now.

·
Registered
641 Posts
Buffing's really not that hard. If you were going to use a high-speed buffer, then you'd need some prior experience in order to do it safely. However, random orbital buffers take little to no experience to operate safely and correctly. As long as you don't hold it in one spot on the paint for 5 minutes at a time or apply a lot of pressure to it, you'll be good.

·
Registered
421 Posts
it really doesn't take any experience to use a high speed air powered buffer, just common sense. Don't leave it in one spot for too long and don't cut the wheel at a hard angle. I did it with no problems the first time i picked one up.

·
Registered
4,614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
it really doesn't take any experience to use a high speed air powered buffer, just common sense. Don't leave it in one spot for too long and don't cut the wheel at a hard angle. I did it with no problems the first time i picked one up.
Which buffer did you go with?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.