Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
888 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well i finally got some stuff squared away with RIPP today and i will conclude it tomorrow, so i just wanted to give you all a teaser of what is to come of the SDS system under my reigns in the next couple months.

First of all, let me lay out for you what i intend to include in the basic kit.

RIPP SDS (Supercharger Drive System) 6061 Aluminum CNC designed and fabricated

Forge Motorsport Recirculating (Optional use) blow off valve

(6) 490cc direct fit injectors

Greddy eManage Ultimate with all necessary harnesses and sensors

RIPP/Vortech V5 G-Trim Supercharger (VSQ Option)

Malpassi Rising rate 4:1 fuel pressure regulator with gauge

3” polished aluminum piping

Four Ply silicon hose (Gloss Black Red or Blue)

Walboro 255 in tank Fuel pump

Battery relocation kit

Oil feed and return lines and fittings

Lower radiator hose

performance air filter

3' of vacuum line and 2 T's

Crankcase breather hose

All hardware and clamps included

Serpentine belt

Illustrated Instructions and tech tips

Options that will become available:

-Cold air intake kit for the blower (3" polished piping)

-V2 SQ Trim and V1 T-Trim substitute blower packages for the serious enthusiast

-Draw thru conversion (should be used with recirculation feature of the blow off valve)

-FMIC conversions (recommended for use with V2 and larger blowers)

Optional 3.5, 3, and 2 inch supercharger pullies

Optional overdrive crank pulley in 7" size

Optional Alcohol injection kits (which may be also used in conjunction with FMIC for added cooling and safety)

Optional forged piston packages

Optional valve train upgrades

Optional motor mount insert upgrades

The base kit will come with the 3.5 inch pulley to ensure that this kit will make no more than 3-4 psi of boost in it's base form and will be safe and reliable on a daily driver. Based on the cfm flow rates and previous power gains seen with the system we estimate that in it's base form this kit should lay down around 250whp on a manual and perhaps 240whp on an auto... Very comparable with alpine stage 2.... Should be a great daily driver/sleeper for those guys who dont want to shell out to build their motor up.

Stuff to know about this kit and about the Delta in general:

The car can only retard timing up to 20 degrees without outside help. The Greddy eManage in testing has been found to have full control over timing, but requires modification to the ecu to enable it to function properly with the obd-ii system. When the Greddy eManage takes control of the primary injectors it will base its fuel tuning off a map sensor which we will provide with the kit. The eManage will only come with enough setup functions complete to get you to a dyno... nothing more, and your car will likely run extremely rich getting there unless you have it installed at a professional shop with a dyno, so be prepared for this before purchasing. The ecu modification will require that you either send your ecu in or pay a substantial core charge to have another one purchased and sent to you at which point we would refund your core upon retrieval of you ecu. The modification will be a neat and trimmed deal performed by PRA Solutions, a RIPP Modifications affiliate who specializes in electronics engineering. This man's work has been brilliant to date i can vouch from personal experience.

The Greddy eManage in testing thus far has been found to have wonderful control over the primary injectors under boost so it should make tuning pretty breezy because it no longer relies on MAF readings to do the tuning, it relies solely on the MAP sensor. If you want to keep your OBD-II for inspection but still have a quasi-standalone when it really matters, this is a great feature you will appreciate.

The maximum safe boost threshold for the Delta motor with stock internals is about 8 psi if you want it to last for a long time. I will however state openly and with no uncertain terms that you may have to build your motor eventually because of the sheer power this kit makes at that amount of boost.... however, provided you have it tuned properly it could very well last a long time before wearing internal parts out. The reason for this is that after 8 psi the stock ecu can no longer retard timing for boost/knock, and you start detonating if you dont have a timing solution worked out. It may even be just slight detonation to the point where you dont notice, but over time it eats away at rings and ring landings and will wear your motor out; and while the Greddy eManage can be set up to handle that capacity it is always safer to assume that once you hit 10 psi your engine's days may be limited and you might want to think about purchasing pistons at that level of power. Chalk it up to Hyundai for using crappy cast aluminum pistons for their motor. The ring lands do wear out over time though, and this is unilateral with any comparable kit on the market.

Pistons are ALWAYS recommended with either the 2" s/c pulley, the 7" OD crank pulley, and especially in cases where the two are used in conjunction. It is pretty standard knowledge that the stock rods are estimated to be good for around 400 wheel, but you may experience up to 23-24 psi of boost with the base model Vortech supercharger with the 2" s/c and 7" OD crank combination. You may want to consider building your motor completely at that point, at least the bottom end. I would suggest pistons would be a good safeguard even at the 3" crank pulley size if boost is found to exceed 8 psi as it has sometimes in the past for whatever reason.

All kits will be polished. No more natural aluminum for you guys (unless you want that but who wants that unless they powder coat the shaft?)

The stock Delta motor does not flow efficiently above 350+/- whp. It has been said that the valves float over 13 psi, and while i have no data to back that up and personally think it may only apply to roots type setups where the boost comes much earlier in the rpm range, it very well could be true. For maximum performance from your V5, upgraded valve springs and retainers are minimally recommended if you plan to go with the 3" SC 7" OD crank or 2"SC 7" OD crank combinations. I will have these available also.

A front motor mount is always recommendable with Forced Induction applications. I will have these available for you as well.

This car is a hell of a lot of fun to drive with an SDS on it.... and the heads you will turn with some of the cars you can beat at that point is one of the greatest feelings on earth for the sport compact tuner.

Any questions? Comments? Criticisms?

·
Registered
888 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
A pic of the basic kit components:

*** Please note, the actual kit variants i have described above are not all featured in this picture. There are some things that are there that will change (for instance, i will be using mandrel bend intake piping and using the Forge Motorsport valve instead of the RIPP one) and also there are some things not shown (like the eManage).

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
In my honest opinion..

i think it would be VERY beneficial to the community

if you put my name and adress on a box filled up with all that stuff and mail it out to me so i could verify if all that info was correct.

would be good if you did it ASAP.

Just my $0.02 especially since i'm the first to reply

·
Registered
888 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oh, i almost forgot.

One other thing you guys might want to keep in mind. I hear that 05 and up v6 cars have vin detection in the ecu... so you guys may have to actually send your original in.

·
Registered
629 Posts
There you go guys.. boost is really pumping out the products

·
Registered
387 Posts
so are u telling me to run this eManage i would have to put a bung in my IM and hook up a MAP sensor? ....ehhh i dunno about that

·
Registered
4,295 Posts
I'd be in for the emanage

1) I have to send you my ecu... $?
2) Emanage...$?

Boostology said:
The eManage will only come with enough setup functions complete to get you to a dyno
This before of after we send you the ECU? So we wont have all the functions of the Emanage?

Boostology said:
Greddy eManage Ultimate with all necessary harnesses and sensors
Direct fit? No modifications?

If its cost effective, I'd be all in... But if it closes in on a standalone ($), then I might have to go that way...

·
Registered
234 Posts
Hey can you tell me more about the emanage. I'm currently running it on my car and would like to know what youll did to beable to use the timing harness to adjust the timming or must it be the ultimate? If that is the case then that would be my nxt upgrade :3_offtopi

·
Registered
542 Posts
Wonderful post! I'm glad someone took over the RIPP stuff, seems like a good product... they were just lacking elsewhere...

Lets see some prices, so we can see just how comparable this thing is to the alpine stage 2 :3_wink:

Also, this ECU modification, can you give us more details about what it exactly is? Will our car no longer run without using the emanage after this change?

·
Registered
888 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
tr5830 said:
Hey can you tell me more about the emanage. I'm currently running it on my car and would like to know what youll did to beable to use the timing harness to adjust the timming or must it be the ultimate? If that is the case then that would be my nxt upgrade :3_offtopi

Yes, it is the ultimate, but there is still modification that needs to be done to your actual ecu to get it to work with your stock ignition. I can't tell you exactly how it works bc, you know, it's a trade secret :3_wink: I'll check with PRA today and see if it will work with blue too.

·
Registered
888 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Alex_04_TibGT said:
so are u telling me to run this eManage i would have to put a bung in my IM and hook up a MAP sensor? ....ehhh i dunno about that

Not all MAP sensors go in the IM. The majority of the aftermarket ones "T" into the vacuum lines.

·
Registered
888 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Toschinator said:
Wonderful post! I'm glad someone took over the RIPP stuff, seems like a good product... they were just lacking elsewhere...
Thank you. I'm glad Tibby03's misinformed comments have confused everyone. I have a lot of faith in the SDS and i think it can still be the best FI system money can buy for the tib, which is why i told Ross i wanted it.

Toschinator said:
Lets see some prices, so we can see just how comparable this thing is to the alpine stage 2 :3_wink:
Be patient. :3_wink: Should have some roundabout numbers up later today.

Toschinator said:
Also, this ECU modification, can you give us more details about what it exactly is? Will our car no longer run without using the emanage after this change?
No, as i understand it there are 2 advantages of the way RIPP has it set up. No 1. The ecu is still tuning the car out of boost. You keep your obd-ii function. Once you get into boost the eManage takes over and controls the primary injectors and timing...

·
Registered
234 Posts
If you find out that it works with the blue I'm willing to see what it would cost to make the rest of my harness work with the blue. The only difference that I know of between the blue and ultimate is shift point control in auto, rev limiter rising, compablility to set different maps and toggle between them with a switch, more complex things like that. I dont think that they changed the fuel, timing, boost, controlling capablilites

1 - 20 of 48 Posts