Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a stock '03 Tib that I'm planning to begin modding. Here's the list and order I plan to do them in:

1. AEM CAI [ here ]
2. SSA Header/Exhaust Combo ("Engine-Back") [ here ]
3. TB [ any good suggestions? ]
4. IM's [ suggestions here? ]

Tell me what you think about these things and, if you know, estimates on the gains. Thanks!

·
Registered
3,879 Posts
06gtv6 said:
I think headers are over priced for the hp gain so get a high flow cat and a catback, intake, afc , and maybe some new plugs and wires. :3_winkthu
How are headers overpriced for the gain?

Catback exhausts cost more than headers, and the gain with headers is more???

Intake
Catback
Headers
Fuel Tuner

In that order.

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
06gtv6 said:
it will add a easy 150-175 hp gain
what will? 150 whp gain? I dont think ive seen any N/A tib pushing 280+ whp (stock is like 147 whp right?)

Ur mod list is good but add fuel tuner. I know with I/H/E and a tune ppl are getting between 175 and 180 whp (not mustang dyno). Get the throttle body and port matched upper and lower IM and u will be doing good

·
Registered
571 Posts
05Tib said:
what will? 150 whp gain? I dont think ive seen any N/A tib pushing 280+ whp (stock is like 147 whp right?)

Ur mod list is good but add fuel tuner. I know with I/H/E and a tune ppl are getting between 175 and 180 whp (not mustang dyno). Get the throttle body and port matched upper and lower IM and u will be doing good
I think he meant go from 150-175whp = a 25whp gain.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Thanks for the feedback. I think I've actually decided to go with the Injen SRI vs. the AEM CAI only because of hydrolocking risks. We don't get a lot of rain where I'm at in Texas, but a couple times a year we have minor "flash floods" since we don't get much throughout the year and I don't want to run the risk there.

So updated:
1. Injen SRI
2. SSA Cat-Back Exhaust
3. SSA Headers
4. Fuel Tuner
5. IM's

I'm going to do more searching on fuel tuners and IM's over the next few days to see what I can come up with. With the above list, I'm looking at ~ 35WHP gains, right?

EDIT: Assuming that's accurate, I'd be at ~ 180WHP. After upgrading wires and plugs, should I focus on dropping weight? Flywheels, rims, and hood?

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Danin Re' said:
I think he meant go from 150-175whp = a 25whp gain.
haha o yeah :3_frusty: . sorry about that

·
Banned
2,559 Posts
mr0ldie said:
Thanks for the feedback. I think I've actually decided to go with the Injen SRI vs. the AEM CAI only because of hydrolocking risks. We don't get a lot of rain where I'm at in Texas, but a couple times a year we have minor "flash floods" since we don't get much throughout the year and I don't want to run the risk there.

So updated:
1. Injen SRI
2. SSA Cat-Back Exhaust
3. SSA Headers
4. Fuel Tuner
5. IM's

I'm going to do more searching on fuel tuners and IM's over the next few days to see what I can come up with. With the above list, I'm looking at ~ 35WHP gains, right?

EDIT: Assuming that's accurate, I'd be at ~ 180WHP. After upgrading wires and plugs, should I focus on dropping weight? Flywheels, rims, and hood?
again, if you are going to get IM's get ngm :3_winkthu

stage 3 or stage 4's

and right now your best bet fo tuning is to call ngm, and get a mafterburner, cause the safc isnt worth a ****

just sayin

·
Banned
2,559 Posts
myslow1 said:
^why do you say that about the AFC? I have one and im 100% satisfied with it....
i had one on my eclipse and was satisfied with it then too.

do you have a V6 or an I4..??

works great on the I4, im sure it worked great ont he eclipse

evryone i know with a v6, has had issues with it on the v6, plus the mafterburner has the ability to pull or add a lil bit more fuel

·
Registered
898 Posts
How about a Greddy E-manage as a tuner for the tibby. I know that the Greddy is one hell of a piggyback

·
Registered
962 Posts
My .02 is I was told to plan out as best you can what your long term goals are first and then base it off of that. It would probibly not be smart to get a IM and then go supercharged or get headers and go turbo'd. This is what Ive been told in the past. But like I said my .02.

I have to give a bump for r100s if you are looking for an Injen SRI...good seller.

·
Registered
191 Posts
I'm in the same process. My list looks almost identical to yours, haha. As for the SSA exhaust, I hear it sounds like a beast and is SUPER loud, also I hear it drones on the highway badly. If you decide to get it, make sure there are no noise ordinances in your area.

Noise ordinance for Berwyn, IL - If you are heard, music or exhaust, from 75ft away at anytime during the day; you get your car impounded with a 500 ticket.

I'd go with the ARK N2 dual. Its got a deep tone and is moderatly loud. Its a little bit quieter than the SSA, but loud enough to let people know you got something.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts