Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
how do u take off the upper lower pan out on a manual transmission.... i searched and couldnt find any good details on how to do it...

·
Registered
542 Posts
sungeun6985 said:
how do u take off the upper lower pan out on a manual transmission.... i searched and couldnt find any good details on how to do it...
If I recall correctly you need to get the engine out since there is a lip on the pan that is held in by the tranny... Could be wrong though...

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
There is a hole to put a bolt in and it separates the pan from the block.

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
any way around that without taking the motor and or tranny out?

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
12secTib said:
There is a hole to put a bolt in and it separates the pan from the block.

so do u put a bolt in there? and then what?

·
Registered
4,064 Posts
if you are using the OEM flywheel, you'll have to yank the motor or trans cause that flywheel is gonna have to come off. Its a PITA..I have NO clue why they designed it that way.

with out doing that, that threaded hole wont help you.

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
You thread a bolt on the hole and the bolt separates the pan from the block. I dont know about removing the engine or trans.

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
there is no possible other solution? the dealer told me that u will jus have to unbolt the starter and the a/c compressor and it should come out with the other stuff u do to it. that threading a bolt through the whole wont work?

·
Registered
4,064 Posts
you dont have to pull off the ac comp. removing the starter will help you see things...btw the bolt 12sectib is talking about is right near the starter..but that only helps you break the silcone seal.

there is a lip on the oil pan that hits a lip on the flywheel. Thats the only way I've seen to pull it...

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
so if u break the silicone seal it will make it come out? and whats the proper term for the thing im trying to remove or is it jus called upper oil pan

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
gotta separate the trans from the motor, this is THE ONLY WAY to remove the upper oil pan, ive broken one for a V6 before cause i though it could be done my way, boy was i wrong.
Chase

·
Banned
5,790 Posts
there is no possible other solution? the dealer told me that u will jus have to unbolt the starter and the a/c compressor and it should come out with the other stuff u do to it. that threading a bolt through the whole wont work?
the 'right' way to do it is to line up the edges that hook and slip it through these slots on the flywheel.....but that just doesnt work. pull the motor and get it over with already.

if the dealer told u to unbolt the starter and the compressor, then they have no clue wtf they are talking about, and i would hope u would never ask them for advice again.

however, if u are pulling the motor, u need to pull the compressor and starter to separate them from the block.

·
Registered
956 Posts
sungeun6985 said:
Honestly this is gonna be a *****...

Alright I just finished doing this in order to get my turbo setup installed....first you have to take of the starter, A/C compressor, stock headers, just to get some room and remove the tranny bolts (all except for the top two which you should loosen...alot) then you need to remove the lower pan, then the oil uptake, then remove one of the bolts from the power steering pump (the ones that hold it to the bracket) and find the hole in the lip of the pan that is threaded but has no hole in the actual block....when you screw the bolt in it will seperate the clycone holding the pan to the block....

That was the easy part.....now on the stock flywheel, there is a lip on the oil pan that hooks on the flywheel...(on aftermarket flywheels this is not a problem)you can spin the flywheel using a screwdriver threw the hole where the starter was connected. There are two grooves at opposite sides of the flywheel....now to quote TC "you have to line up the groove with one side of the pan and fanagle that side loose then rotate the flywheel to the other side and do the same." This should be done with the pass. side of the pan hanging all the way down....also the tranny and motor need to be significantly seperated in order for it to work....

To be honest I couldn't get it....despite Tim's assurances that it is do able....

I just said **** it and pulled the motor and removed the clutch and flywheel....

Which leads to TCs suggestion to me that i should replace the stock clutch and flywhell now so i don't have to so all this again....so now I am waiting for a clutch.....

If you have anymore questions pm me or call NGM....

P.S. someone at hyundai should burn for this design.....

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
well ill tell my shop manager this info 2marrow and see what he says. and see if they can get it. if not then im sure they have some other idea... i hope... thanks for the info

PS i alrdy called tc. he said he can do it if he was here but cant explain on how to do it.

PS.PS. I also think whoever designed this part should die

1 - 15 of 15 Posts