Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I was originally going to just replace my rear left hub/bearing but decided to do both. I ordered moog 512428. I ordered one off of amazon and then later when I decided to do the other side I ordered one from rockauto. Both have been sitting in a box so not sure which came from which place. Both stock hubs slid off fine and one of the moog hubs slid on fine but the other one is not. I tested the one that slid on fine on both sides as well. Both came in the same looking box and both are stamped as 512428. Only difference is the writing on the opposite side which says Illinois, Korea, some numbers and one says Pdma, which is the one that fits fine, and the other says mj3a. Not sure if that is just a code for which plant it was manifactured at. Regardless the mj3a doesn’t want to slid on with ease. I’m sure I could hammer it on but I’d rather not. Also I’m sure this is fine but the mj3a one also had grease/oil around the bearing like it was sloppily put together or leaking. Any advice here?

·
Registered
470 Posts
Yep, go buy one from the local parts store, put that one back in the box wrapped up like new, take it back and tell them it was the wrong part and that you have already purchased the correct part and get your money back.

Dont feel bad about it. ultimately its all coming from the same manufacturing company. We've had the same issues lately with moog parts. Honestly its hard to find good replacement parts these days. Half of moog parts are made in china now anyways.

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yep, go buy one from the local parts store, put that one back in the box wrapped up like new, take it back and tell them it was the wrong part and that you have already purchased the correct part and get your money back.

Dont feel bad about it. ultimately its all coming from the same manufacturing company. We've had the same issues lately with moog parts. Honestly its hard to find good replacement parts these days. Half of moog parts are made in china now anyways.
Damn I didn’t know about Moog being made in China now. In the future for bearings do you recommend SKF instead then? Also instead of moog for other suspension parts do you recommend another brand?

·
Registered
470 Posts
Damn I didn’t know about Moog being made in China now. In the future for bearings do you recommend SKF instead then? Also instead of moog for other suspension parts do you recommend another brand?
I wouldnt go out of my way to buy these bearings if you are in a rush, but NSK are fully made in japan, and Timken and National are still MOSTLY made in USA, however they have plants all over the world, including china. However, we only use these manufacturers when doing critical builds like transmissions and differentials and have not had any issues yet despite where it may have been manufactured.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts