Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up a set of used DC headers awhile ago and I noticed on some parts the flange seem to be disconnecting from the inside of the primary tubes.

Here is the worst of it, a small hole in between. Doesn't appear to go all the way through on the welds so wondering if it'll cause any future issues.

·
Registered
2,585 Posts
If it doesn't go through the welds on the outside you're probably ok. That said, it might help to fill that in with some JB weld or something so it doesn't continue. Although I don't know if JB weld is rated for that high of temps.

·
Registered
2006 Hyundai Tiburon SE
718 Posts
Does it look like the metal is corroding or disintegrating? If so, the acidic exhaust gases and moisture will eat away that weld from the inside out. I would personally bring it to a fabricator and ask them to weld it up and machine it flat for longevity.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
@peachferrari JB Weld offers an Extreme heat variant that has a limit of 2400° but idk how much I'll trust that

@chase206 aside from around the inside of the flange, no. The headers were used (idk how many miles) and are colored as such.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts